or Connect

Posts by v0rtex

I used to hang out by the bar all night too... Felt very uptight and self-conscious. I've always been into dance music and ended up going to more underground nights which played harder music, proper raves rather than clubs where people go to drink/hook up. Because of the atmosphere of openness and friendliness at those places (helped largely due to various drugs going around), I found it easy to open up and move with the music. I probably looked stupid but because...
Thinking about ordering a shirt from http://www.meinelt-fashion.com/, as the review here seemed good and the Jantzen turnaround is too slow for me. However, I don't have a full set of measurements and would prefer these to be taken professionally. Can I just walk into a local tailor and ask for a set of measurements to be taken? Should I mention that I plan on ordering from an overseas clothier, or is this seen as poor form? Will this service cost money, or will it be...
Spent a few minutes racking my brains trying to remember the plot of Crash, thinking of the controversial Cronenberg/Ballard film from a few years back. Couldn't remember which scene had Ludacris in it Surprised they weren't made to change the title, that could get pretty confusing. And they both feature gang-banging, albeit in both transatlantic definitions of the word.
I'd imagine the razors are sold at a loss, as Gilette know they'll be making most of the money back from blades/shaving cream. Seem to remember about half the boys in my class at school recieving free Gilette razors though the post on their 16th Birthday, leaving me (who had not signed up to the right direct marketing lists) feeling stuck in the realm of childhood until I recieved my free razor. I'm still there, waiting to become a man I change the blades probably...
I have the Butterflies t-shirt, waited months for the second run reprint. Quality is OK, although the fabric is starting to show signs of wear after a couple of months use. They're cotton/poly blend too, I'd be happy to pay a premium for a 100% cotton t-shirt. Most of the shirts on there look like someone running through an Adobe Illustrator tutorial, testing out every feature and splurging it out onto a t-shirt. Quality of the designs has definitely gone downhill...
I own one. After Six slim fitted, single breasted, single button, satin peak lapels. $40 from eBay in my size (38L), including shipping to the UK. From user tuxking, who comes highly recommended. Not had occasion to wear it formally but love wearing it with a pocket square, crisp white shirt (H&M/sale), very slightly distressed blue jeans (Helmut Lang/eBay) and smart trainers (Prada/eBay).
Horrible article and one of the worst attempts to forcibly birth a neologism I've had the displeasure of reading. Even riled me enough to write a quick note to the editor: Quote: To: features@seattlepi.com Subject: Re: Feature "Weird eyes for straight guys who just want to go out" Dear Sir/Madam, I have to admit I have spent time being deathly afraid that spending time with my male friends might imply I was "gay"... Over a decade ago, in primary school. Are...
Evening Gentlemen. I am considering purchasing a piece of jewellery for my girlfriend as a parting gift when I leave this city in a few months. She knows I'm leaving, and that things will come to an end when I go. Hopefully it will remain amicable, but you never know in advance with these situations. Anyway, I digress. I particularly like the idea of a simple diamond ring in white gold, however are these just for engagements or are they also suited to occasions such as...
More negative discrimination, or less positive discrimination? To put a different spin on it: * People who are more attractive (yes, meaning slimmer. Clinical obesity is not attractive by any standard, and no amount of lobbying is going to convince anyone otherwise) recieve preferential treatment and are stared at for longer by sales clerks. * People who are seen to be making an effort to improve their lives are seen in a more positive light than those who are either...
I bought these stunning boots at Harvey Nichols in Manchester and unfortunately (for me) they don't fit my monstrous feet. They are beautiful boots with a UK retail value of £330, I had protective rubber put on the soles to make them a bit more comfortable and long-lasting without sacrificing the elegance of a good leather sole. This cost £21. It also meant I can't just take them back to the store I bought them from. Bah. They've been worn around the house for around 6...