or Connect

Posts by v0rtex

I think you can still produce viable sperm with just one testicle... and they have prosthetic ones so it doesn't look too bad. http://cdn-www.cracked.com/phpimages...2/9632.jpg?v=1 Plus, Hitler managed it...
Quote: Originally Posted by mharwitt my favorite is a guy snapping a shot of the text description next to a Rodin statue I've done this, mainly if it's an artist I'm unfamiliar with and want to remember the piece to research it later on. It's quicker to take a quick photo of the text card than it is to type it all into a memo.
Threads (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090163/) is my favorite apocalyptic film. TV movie that was shown once on over-the-air channels in the UK at the height of the cold war. Terrified everyone, got banned from TV and the writer never worked again. Low budget but the unflinching realism gets inside your head like nothing else. It's just so... ordinary. When the Wind Blows is another British film, an animation. The Brits have the perfect sense of despair and pessimism...
I got by with a Black and Decker $30 burr grinder from Target. Broke down twice in 18 months and got replaced under warranty. Recently upgraded to an Ascaso i-Mini which was $285 from http://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/ and the difference for espresso is very noticeable. Still keep the Black and Decker for coarse grind though. If you're just grinding for drip coffee/french press then a cheap burr grinder is fine. For espresso, it's worth saving up for a decent grinder.
Quote: Originally Posted by fathergll Biggest problem is simply "Temporary nature of knowledge capital" Isn't this the case in all physical professions though - there's only so many years a builder can carry heavy loads until they're physically forced to move to foreman/general contractor roles, or get out of the game. Even in the world's oldest profession, workers eventually get old enough that they need to move to managing the front of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by fathergll Thats a HUGE problem with the tech industry. Theres no protection and no standards. Its a complete and utter mess. Agree there. Quote: Basically a Computer Science degree from India holds the same weight as one from the U.S. A Nursing degree from India is worthless here unless the international RN's training program at least meets the US"˜s minimum educational requirement for registered...
Quote: Originally Posted by marmaladecorgi Not certain what you want re the investment value of the pieces Is there such thing as investment value at the low end of the art market? It seems like "market established" works start in the $$$$$ range - if you're buying student/local artist/etsy stuff for $$$-$$$$ it seems like it has no resale market. Seems equivalent to penny stocks or thrift store shopping - occasionally you'll get lucky if you...
Quote: Originally Posted by tiecollector I think what will end up happening though, for whatever reason, is that eventually all sites will be using these centralized authentication schemes. And from there, it is pretty easy to have your clicks tracked anywhere you go. Centralized authentication methods have been around for years. Facebook was the first one that has been simple enough and had enough participants to bring it anywhere close to...
http://www.turningart.com looks interesting; you can subscribe and get prints sent to you (think Netflix for art) or buy the original pieces at quite reasonable prices. Not subscribed myself yet, but there's a lot on there I like (compared to etsy or eBay where there's a ton of junk).
Quote: Originally Posted by bluemagic What is the future outlook for the following? (mostly on ease of getting a position) Other HealthCare IT (get a certification at the local community college/state u?) Advertising ^ Any other areas I missed? My work is in web development so it's an odd mix of advertising, software development and business. It's flexible in that I can work for a Fortune 500 company, a small agency where everyone...