or Connect

Posts by v0rtex

Quote: Originally Posted by caxt Who would be a great thinker of our time? Zuckerberg? Is it even possible for truly great generalist thinkers to exist any more? There's an exponentially larger amount of information to process and manage that makes the likelihood of another Leonardo Da Vinci or Franklin much less likely. 150 years ago you could know everything there was to know about science, mathematics, philosophy, economics, etc....
Quote: Originally Posted by Dakota rube Is it me, or has teh dum level escalated to record heights around here lately? Forums seem to follow a lifecycle: Small group of experts starts forum to talk amongst themselves Forum gains excellent reputation, starts to attract a few lurkers/new people New people outnumber the old First generation get sick of dumb questions, most move on Forum continues to grow, minus the original...
Quote: Originally Posted by tagutcow I have four words that should set every moviegoer's heart racing with excitement-- Moratorium! On! Railroad! Bonds! LOL. I'd consider myself an uneducated, casual economics nerd (enjoy feeling clever reading the Economist and Freakonomics type stuff, never taken a class in it) and a giant narcissist to boot, so prime audience for Ayn Rand. Yet this movie looks boring as hell. The public reaction will...
Quote: Originally Posted by mm84321 Uhh, so who's gonna buy this thing? Like the Fat Duck book, there'll be a cheaper edition within a year or two - the big, expensive one establishes it and gets the early adopters and professionals, then the casual reader can pick up the paperback.
Not used this seller but adding a recommendation for the Thinkpads being bulletproof. My bro went through three Dells in the time I had my T42. Still using it as a media center.
There's a ton of ads that were made specifically to get banned, because it's far cheaper to do than to actually pay for the airtime: http://sbn.to/e07PR3 Wondering if this was one that made it through.
Quote: Originally Posted by alan When does it become a rightful demand? how dyou decide? You missed Israel/Palestine, which is another big one. It's too dependent on the individual situation to set a definite line. A co-mingling of the populations is probably a better long-term solution than splitting territories - over time the populations mix and the old rivalries become tempered (still there, but at least people aren't killing each...
Quote: Originally Posted by deadly7 So I was having a discussion with some people and wasn't sure what the "correct" approach on this is. If someone has successfully graduated college from a foreign country, would it make sense for that person to get a GED here? I know some hiring managers don't care, but I also know that some do. As someone who immigrated here with a technical degree, no-one has ever asked me for a GED - it's implied that if...
Yep, too much tolerance. Let's dial it back a bit so we can still have plenty of people to openly hate... we're almost out of ethnic groups and sexual preferences, soon we'll have to start on the gingers.
Quote: Originally Posted by nxt777 Great reply thanks! we are constantly adding and evolving. Kent Denim is all made in USA with Cone Mills White Oak Denim, and Japanese Kuroki Denim. Some of the best rigid denim material to work with, it takes on a great natural fading. UNlike other Bigger lines that don't say where their japanese denim comes from we feel it is all about the ingredients. We will always tell you what kind of material we are using. ...