or Connect

Posts by v0rtex

Good: Overcommunication on things that matter - verification that they're doing the right thing, concerns, ideas, etc. Checking that documents are the most up to date versions. Checking that it's OK to delete certain things. Providing solutions, not just problems - "This is broken, but here's how to fix it" Asking for help/direction - even if it's "basic" stuff, good to talk it out. No stupid questions. Attention to detail - not gold-plating and over engineering things,...
Hi there, I am a senior employee at a small, new (3 year old) digital marketing agency that's been growing very rapidly. Joined about a year ago and they've doubled in size since then. I expect the company to continue to grow at a rapid pace (we just leased a much larger office to cope with anticipated growth). Revenue is in ~low $m, with ~15 employees. When I initially joined the company, the partners floated the option of my compensation being tied to profitability of...
http://clientsfromhell.net (somewhat serious), http://www.inbound.org/ (bit spammy, tech/SEO focus) I work in agencyland for a small digital marketing shop (which I love). Seems that anyone who is successful in this industry is too busy working to have any time to post about it on forums. Large agency hours are ludicrous and there's a veil of secrecy around a lot of the internal workings. Best bet for an inside look is to head to a conference or awards show in a major...
As someone with experience of very bitter family disputes when shared ownership goes awry, +1000 on the advice to see a lawyer and draft some sort of agreement that covers the worst case scenarios, including how to dissolve the deal if someone's circumstances change or how costs are shared if a large unexpected expense comes up (new roof? pipes burst?).Owning property is a long-term consideration with lots of unexpected expenses. Life circumstances change - you or your...
Here's a knowledge-dump of things I've learned being on the periphery of a number of successful digital marketing campaigns at various agencies: Pay Per Click (PPC) is a waste of money unless you're spending enough, in the right area, to make an impact. Spending $100 a month even on the right keywords is barely worth the effort, spending $10k a month on the wrong keywords is also a waste. What are you selling? Your marketing strategy will be different depending on what...
What're you not finding at the mentioned - quality, style, price?
Another Embody fan here. Great chair. If you're in a profession where you're spending 10+ hours a day in a chair then it's a worthwhile investment to get the most ergonomic chair you can find for yourself.
What's the movement look like? Is it definitely authentic? Wife picked up a Patek at a flea market for $50. Looked pretty good until you opened it up and the movement was obviously a cheap generic one.
Good chair (recommend Herman Miller, pricey but an investment) Getting adequate sleep (if I'm running a heavy sleep debt my wrists feel it before anything else) Getting adequate hydration (too much coffee, same thing) These exercises help too. I went through a period of overwork/high stress recently and thought I'd done myself permanent damage. A few months later and I'm back to normal. Stay safe...
I have a few knock-offs (Noguchi table) and a few real vintage pieces (Eames lounge, Saarinen tables) and the legit versions bring me much more satisfaction to use, look at and enjoy. I regret buying the knock-offs even though they were cheaper, and don't regret any of the vintage purchases. Nothing wrong with cheap furniture (have a Target lamp I love, and a few Ikea bits and pieces), but when it's pretending to be an expensive designer piece it feels tacky - like it's...