or Connect

Posts by spacecowboy

I just got a shirt from Spurr. It's really slim. I kinda like the fit at first but it began to feel a little too tight at the chest. How tight should a shirt fit? or is it just that i am not used to such a fitted shirt yet? I can't button the first button and I am worried it's so tight that when i move around i'd show my undershirt inbetween the buttons. Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us sorry about the shitty quality of the photo
Quote: Originally Posted by kxk pickier in a different sense, i think. i'm also an APD. i applied to basically every MC firm on the Vault 50. I only got interviews from M/B, an invitation to have lunch with an associate at Booz, and that's about it. A couple firms had their recruiters "write" back saying that they either want MBAs or people with a bit of (non-consulting, whatever that may be) experience and invited me to give them a call in a couple...
Quote: Originally Posted by scientific would welcome any advice on this ... I have a good friend who's an APD at a top school. very interesting background in my opinion, yet admittedly weak on business experience. got a 3rd round interview for an associate internship at McK last year but no offer. this year for FT interviews no 3rd round with McK and B & B did not even grant an interview. job search was poorly planned and derailed after these poor...
Quote: Originally Posted by Redwoood yes, I have such a... uhm... friend as well. Some insight from the 'insiders' would be greatly appreciated, but the following is how I understand it. Obviously MBB are rather picky, so putting all your eggs into this basket is risky. There are many smaller firms out there, but I think they can be even pickier when somebody doesn't fit the standard MBA mold. I think the way it works with MBB is that they want to...
Quote: Originally Posted by akatsuki So I made third round - f'ed up my interview. Tried again, got canned on first round but told by my reviewer that I should really reapply again (as in, I rocked one case and fumbled the second). Not sure if I am just hitting my head against a wall at this point... Is it worth trying again or do those prior failed attempts pretty much put me out of the running? At least they encouraged you to reapply. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wayward The suit is definitely (at least) one size too big. Aside from the difference in chest size, right now there's no shape to it at all, since I see zero waist suppression. It honestly look like a sack suit, and for a D&G suit, you know there's something not right. While it sucks to be in a difficult size to fit, it makes it even more important to choose wisely. At this point, I don't think it's worth spending oodles...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiwi Man I have tried Ralph Lauren BLACK label and it fits me so well. If you live closed to Ralph Lauren store, please go to their store and see if they have promotions on their Black label suits. Last time I was there, they had 30 percent off. Paul Smith should fit smaller/slim guy like you too..... Have you tried those? How soon you need to wear suits? Do you only want to add to your wardrobe? Thanks for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hans Cater There you go. You just soled one of your own questions. The chest is .50 bigger than your actual size. Maybe you can get that fix I think, but I am not an expert. the website i bought the suit from didn't post the measurement. just mentioned it's tapered. i didn't think it would make such a big difference considering D&G is known slim, the pant is "tapered" and it's my usual size. now i know how off it...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum I'm pretty sure they go down to 44, but finding this size may be difficult, especially in the US. What is your exact chest size, measuring with a tape-measure? hmm....i never used a tape to measure myself following this post on SF: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...asurement+suit I measured one sportcoat that fits me best, the chest is 18.25". The new Dolce has a measurement of 18.75"
Quote: Originally Posted by Klobber Bigger Pics to get better critique. Sleeves obviously need taken in. Length of jacket just about OK although hard to tell on small Pics. I would have preferred 1/2 inch shorter, but you appear to be roughly in the ballpark. I would get a tailor to trim the sides near/under armpits, but otherwise you have a nice suit. The only problem with OTR suits is the shoulders just never fit properly - but standard OTR...