or Connect

Posts by ShaneB

Quote: Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me. no 32s? Ed, please let me know if you get any of that Blue in 32. +1
Quote: Originally Posted by Clark Equus offer handmade leather belts, made in the UK, for very affordable prices: http://www.equusleather.co.uk/index....-products.html Looks very promising!
Hi all, I'm in dire need of some decent / quality belts; I'm aware that there are quite a few good American online shops that offer quality gear at a good price, but was wondering if anyone can recommend English sites that offer equally good products? Looking to spend up to 50 quid, Cheers, Shane.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dashaansafin Again, saying a ton of nothing and hiding the fact you didnt even know what an investment banker does. Pray tell, what is your profession? I'm not saying, nor have I ever said, anything of detail on the financial crisis. I know what an investment banker does, thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mystic-poot I've been looking at Herring Shoes, showed a couple to dad and he's told me that anything above £140 is unreasonable for shoes. I'm going to be wearing them with a £300-£400 suit. Is this true? You have to determine what proportion you're paying for the brand, craftsmanship, and the materials used. In some instances your dad is right, in others he isn't.
Quote: Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie Ahh, refreshing. More generalities and blanket statements, with some incorrect assumptions based on nothing mixed in. Guess what, I'm not a banker. Had you known that, would you have called me haughty and arrogant? I wonder if there is bias involved. Fooling anyone into what? Petty insult? No. I've just gathered from your rants that you have a certain perception that is not tied to reality, and I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie +1, I doubt Shane has any idea what the industry does, much less how critical it is. It is hard to have complicated discussions with people who think in generalities and blanket statements. There's always subtle undertones of haughtiness when these types of things are discussed; it seems bankers like yourself are so arrogant in dismissing other people and all under the guise of 'ignorance'. You're...
Quote: Originally Posted by Dashaansafin Jesus F. Christ are you serious? Do you get all your news from the NYT??? Do you even know what INVESTMENT BANKERS DO?????? The general public is so stupid its nauseating. Expletives aren't arguments. I find it bizarre how some in this industry can create this veneer of complexity and loftiness when in actual fact none exists, hence the general public is 'stupid' because they seemingly don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Determing the difference between a US vs. UK thing by quoting a New Zealand website if pure comedy gold. Try and follow the line of logic - I gather it's a UK / US divide given that the distinction between salaries & wages is a elementary point in my country; evidently, that distinction seems to have been lost amongst all and sundry in the States (for some reason). But suffice to say, there is a...