or Connect

Posts by ShaneB

Hi there, What's the measurements on these?
Same as above really, I'd be interested in 32 wools.
Spoke to the owner today and he agrees that it's highly unusual they haven't left any material on the upturn; I'm going to take them in with a view of amending the ones that do have some material and reimbursement for those that don't.
Yeah I would of - when I looked at them when I got home the first thing that crossed my mind was they hadn't left any material on the upturn. If they fitted perfectly I wouldn't be as fussed as I am, but given that they're ever so slightly too short I'm a bit annoyed, especially as I've spent £80 on them. I definitely want that back in cash or store credit; 31.5 isn't massively short so I reckon I could probably get £40 or so back for each on the sale forum here. So long...
Yes I get that! But my issue isn't with the hemming itself, my issue is that they've left no material on the upturn, so there's no margin for correction / adjustment, hence my post: I'm asking whether it's normal practice to leave nothing unless specified, my view is that it isn't and that I shouldn't have to specify categorically that they leave material on the upturn; I think my point holds some credence given that they have left material on 3 out of 7 of the trousers....
Because all of the trousers were unhemmed, so they had a 37" inseam - they've cut literally all the fabric off so it measure 31.5 without upturning any material at all; 1.5" upturn is pretty standard for dress trousers, that's usually at the minimum, it could be a few inches more, the reason why they do that is pretty obvious: to cater for the possibility of shrinkage (whether through washing or dry cleaning) and for the saleability of the garment.Indeed they did do what I...
I'm going to do just that. They've arbitrarily left upturn on some and not others - that isn't on, really; I didn't think I'd need to specify that they leave some material on the upturn - I think it was a commonsensical point and certainly I've never had this problem before.And ter1413, the only thing I can do is ask for my money back and/or credit at the store: I spent £80 on those trousers (work done on the waist & hem) and now they're unusable so I'll have to sell them.
What do you mean? The trousers were unhemmed so they had a 37" inseam which was reduced to 31.5, but with no material upturned - that's the bizarre point of it all.
Yeah I will do that from now on, though poignantly I dropped off seven pairs and didn't really have the time to try each individual pair on: the annoying thing is that they've arbitrarily not kept any material in the inside leg: three of the seven have 1.5" of material that can be released on the leg, so they're salvageable, whereas the rest haven't any material at all, so it seems as though they've cut all the material off at a whim. Very frustrating.Though having said...
Excellent news, as ETF said, there really is a niche in the UK for decently priced Italian wares. Should do well.