or Connect

Posts by ShaneB

Adrian, I've had bother the 30s jacket and the 40s jacket - they're both very short - infact, the 40s jacket in a size medium measured a mere 22" on the back. Ridiculously cropped.I, like the other poster, sold it on - it was just too short.The quality is okay - the 40s jacket is cowhide, the 30s is sheepskin, which is a little flimsy. They're both made in Italy, by Stewart's, I believe, so the build quality is very good. Most leathers from Italy will be very good...
I know what you mean - it's not very heavy denim / doesn't feel very substantial. Apparently the 1955 are 13.75oz.My Lee 101s feel a bit more substantial than these 47's, though the fit it spot on.Glad to know yours stretched - If I can stretch mine to a 33 they'll be perfect.Gonna try and track down a 1966 501 - that's what I'm really after.
Yeah that's why I did to be honest - I'm a 32 waist in LVC, and I bought 32x36, soaked them whilst wearing them, and they shrank to 32x34. I think all this 'size up' stuff is a bit hit and miss.They measured 16" before wash and they measured 16" after; 16" is a little tight though - 16.5" is better for me; I bought the 32 because I read they should stretch at least an inch in the waist - just wondering how long that normally takes. I mean I can wear them, but they'd be...
How much stretch in the waist can I get out of the 1947 501s? Got the rigid 1947 501 - they shrank 2" in the leg but the waist remained true (i,e, 16"). Qute tight in the waist - hoping they'll stretch to 16.5 - how much wear do I need to get out of them before I see some stretching?
^^^^ Yeah it does, cheers for that. I take it you're normally a 34 then for pre-soaked LVC? I reckon I'll go for my usual waist & soak them whilst wearing them in the bath.
I'm going to try shrink to fit for the first time - 1954 501. What's the recommendation for waist size? LVC is TTS, and I always buy a 32 waist - so should I be buying a 32 waist in the shrink to fit? I assume it will shrink 0.5"-1" in the waist - which will be too tight - but well stretch out to a true 32 after some wear? Is that generally the rule? Or should I be sizing up to a 33 waist or even 34 waist? But then wouldn't they stretch too big after wear? If anyone...
Already spoken to End and they said they haven't determined whether they'll be receiving any stock (which is a bit weird to be honest - I'd have thought they'd have an inventory of what they're stocking for this year) - I haven't tried Oi Polloi.I bought a fair isle by Jamieson from End last year - I remember they listed them just before Christmas and they do indeed sell out really quickly - it's because they're so cheap for what you get.
^^^ Drakes fair isle are almost definitely made by Jamieson, you're right. Does anybody know of anyone in the UK that'll be stocking Jamieson fair isle's this year? The price difference between Jamieson & Drake's rebranding is enormous - Jamieson normally sell for £90-£100 whilst Drake's are £160 - obviously I'd rather buy a branded jamieson than Drakes and save 60-70 pounds.
Has anybody got any pics of the RRL straight leg? I've got some measurements for a pair I'm looking at and it looks as though they'll fit in the waist; I'm after some looser fitting jeans but I'm having a hard time visualising them - I've looked at fit pics and the fit varies enormously: from borderline slim to full on baggy. Any help?
Just got a pair of these but I'm confused whether they're washed or not? The label is a bit generic and does mention 'shrink to fit' but it's not very clear whether it refers to earlier models in the 501 series or these particular jeans. My ones are 1966 - 501 - customised - made in Turkey - cone denim. Doing a bit of research and it seems the raw (shrink to fit) versions are made in America whilst the prewashed versions are made in Turkey? Can anyone shed some...