or Connect

Posts by jwmbro

Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria [[SPOILER]] Holy Fuck! I got myself 4 new boring (soporific) ties, which I was going to post a picture of, but I think I'll have to wait about 6 months, because they just can't live up to what's on this page. Are there any more pictures of your closet to be seen elsewhere? Trousers & Shoes?
Decided short notice to crash a friend's graduation party. It was a semi-formal evening event, but I unfortunately do not own a dinner jacket. I do however have a ruffled front tux shirt, black bowtie & black studs & cufflinks, so having learned from SF that in bad light dark blue looks like black, I made do with a blazer, and got as close to black&white as I could. Didn't think go shoot a proper pic before I go out, so I just grabbed a quick phone self-portrait in a...
Quote: Originally Posted by J. Cogburn The pocket square should not match anything else in your rig. It should either harmonize or just be random. Otherwise, it looks like you're either trying too hard (never good to put out that signal) or it's part of a matched set some low-end retailer sells to the potato farmers. Hence, your match with the sweater is a big error. Regarding the lavender and minty pastel green, I don't know where you live, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by SpooPoker LET THE TRAD CHALLENGE COMMENCE! Okay, going at this as a double outsider. Here's my take as both a neophyte who is fairly clueless about men's fashion, and as a European, who doesn't encounter trad locally. By all means don't hold back with criticism, having read the "glory days" thread, I feel I should state I am looking to learn, and can take harsh criticism (which is probably very appropriate if...
[[SPOILER]] Wow, all three of these are so damn sharp, this thread definitely has me convinced I need a light gray suit. Can't wait for springtime shopping.
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Classter well there's brown as a suit or sportscoat.... here are some examples of different shades and patterns: Very nice, I like this. Got any more info/source on it pretty please?
Quote: Originally Posted by niidawg3 As a spin off on Parker's great thread, i decided to start another thread on GRAY ... second only to BLUE in my opinion as the greatest color a man can wear. Gray is like a canvas, which allows you to paint to your heart's desire (or detriment). My personal preference is for mid and light gray ... any variation from stone to charcoal can be a winner also, when done right. Some examples to start it off ......
Quote: Originally Posted by Achilles_ Get both! I agree though, a grey thread would be full of win Quote: Originally Posted by TRINI Any well-rounded wardrobe should include both in my opinion. They're both basics. Oh I very much agree. But once you have one of each... what color do you buy your third in? Once again, a toughie. Oh, and thanks niidawg3 for taking the time to make it.
Quote: Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy Or, Aj-del, (or someone else who has an affinity for grey) how about starting an "In Praise of Grey" thread? Rather than a competition or pole build a thread of the best examples for inspiration. You might convert me I would very much like to see this as well if anybody was up to the task. I have a hard time choosing between navy and grey, any nice collections might certainly push me in one...
Apologies for the rubbish camera quality. Not sure whether this belongs in MC or SWAD.... it's hardly evening wear, but it's not too casual. Trying to figure out what kind of outfit I can wear my funky red trousers with.