or Connect

Posts by von Rothbart

Whatever recipe you end up with, use the freshest, best ingredient you can find. For eggs and butter go to your local farmers markets. For chocolate, use Valrhona, and chop it up into chucks in lieu of chocolate chips, you can buy them at baker supply stores far much cheaper than, say, Whole Food. Don't buy the pre-packaged loose stale rancid shelled walnut, buy whole un-shelled ones and shell them yourself.
Epic post! Well done! I'd put a seared diver scallop on the cauli soup, a little surf on the overwhelmingly turf menu to balance out a bit.
Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. I agree - looks pretty damn good to me. Matt, tell him to get cuffs and loose the shoes (or at least polish them). +1. What's the deal with the shoes?
I picked Vass U Old English plain cap: Seamless heel counter gives it a very clean look:
Michelin 2010 NYC Michelin Starred Restaurants 1 Star: Adour Annisa Anthos Aureole A Voce (new) Blue Hill Bouley (new) Café Boulud Casa Mono (new) Convivio (new) Del Posto Dressler eighty one Eleven Madison Park (new) Etats-Unis Gotham Bar and Grill Gramercy Tavern Insieme Jewel Bako Kajitsu Kyo Ya L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon Marc Forgione (new) Marea (new) Minetta Tavern (new) Oceana Perry Street Peter Luger Public Rhong-Tiam (new) River...
Assuming RTW, Carmina, Aubercy, C&J have some only-in-Paris models, Arnys has some unique rebadged Corthay-made models.
Air-puffed pork rinds, but the fried ones are much better.
Quote: Originally Posted by DocHolliday It's a matter of scale, really. Leno's ratings at 10 aren't far off his ratings at 11:30, but his ratings at 11:30 were far, far less than the numbers NBC has traditionally pulled at 10. Affiliates depend on the 10 p.m. show to lead into the money-making local news, and they're extremely unhappy that Jay has been dragging them down. Particularly alarming is that Leno's show has been attracting fewer viewers than...
Quote: Originally Posted by tricota Just fire Jay and let Conan get a chance to actually host the show, without people constantly comparing him to Jay. Does anyone think Jay would have stod any chance in 1992, if NBC had also given Johnny Carson his own show? Of course not. I get that they dont what to get rid of Leno, as he is still doing better than Conan, but if Conan is ever going to do better, Jay needs to go completely. Of at least scaled down....
Try Scott Jordan, it specializes in very clean line Shaker, Mission & New England designs with solid hard wood construction.