or Connect

Posts by von Rothbart

John Lobb Madison Ave. store sale 6/15 - 6/27
Quote: Originally Posted by A Y Personally, I don't care for ABT at all and think they're completely overrated. It's like an all-star pickup team: lots of talent, but no cohesion or style. The worst Giselle I've ever seen was an ABT production (Paloma was Giselle ... uggh!), and their new Sleeping Beauty is a complete waste of money and time. There are many American companies operating at a higher level than ABT: SFB, PNB, MCB, and Boston come to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Plastic stuff just is not my taste, and all the wood chairs are either school roomish or clunky. I absolutely hate plastic furniture. You should look into the Taliesin, Barrel, Robie (all by FLW) or Mackintosh chairs, all made of wood and can be upholstered with leather or fabric.
Isaia sample sale Tue 6/16: 10AM - 7:30PM Wed 6/17: 10AM - 6PM Thu 6/18: 10AM - 6PM 730 5th Ave., Suite 1004, NYC Suits, shirts, tux, outerwear, ties, sweaters
Quote: Originally Posted by the.chikor Yes, I did, but they were not lasted and did not fit so well. Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria All Vass trees are lasted, AFAIK. Did you get three piece trees? - B Quote: Originally Posted by Siggy Vass two-piece trees are not lasted, and if you wear a half size they don't fit the shoe that well, at least on the new peter last. I switched out...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kuro That must be the new MTM range? Do you know whether they're made in Freedom or Northampton? I assume Freedom.
Quote: Originally Posted by davidsj I figured there would be some intense rivalry with NYCB, I really really despise NYCB. It's disgraceful that the Kirov had to perform at City Center last spring. NYCB has no control over schedulings at the State Theater outside its seasons. Whatever rental income the theater can generate, it offsets against the operating costs of the theater, which both NYCO & NYCB are responsible for. So it's their best...
Domenico Vacca sample sale: June 2 & 3 10am-7pm 14E60, ste. 900
Quote: Originally Posted by A Y Given what ABT's done with Le Corsaire (vis. Kirov's), I would enjoy them applying the comic book treatment to Spartacus, too. Like Corsaire, I think the Russians take Spartacus too seriously. My favorite bad moment of Spartacus is the dance-off between S. and Crassus. It cracks me up every time. --Andre I really enjoyed the Appian Way and the chariots sequence was pure shock & awe. Speaking of Le...
Quote: Originally Posted by davidsj My dream is to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86v05kSTZ3Y Since only the Bolshoi performs Spartacus anymore, sadly it seems the only way I can see this is to travel to Moscow. Quote: Originally Posted by A Y The Bolshoi does tour this production, but besides one or two moments (like the adagio above), it's a pretty dated and inane ballet that shows its age --- it's one of...