or Connect

Posts by guyver00

That's the fallacy of looking at a money manager as a professional who's better than you at managing money. We tend to see that a licensed professional is better than a lay person, such as a physician, dentist, plumber, or car mechanic, it's a heuristics that works most of the time; not so in finance and stock market.90% of stocks are own by institutions nowadays, and there are tonnes of smart and driven people working on Wall St, looking for that edge. In order to...
My entire portfolio, taxable and tax deferred, is up 8.27% YTD, according to Morningstar.
VTI is all you need, maybe mix in some VXUS in a 70/30 mix. Buy and forget, dollar cost average every month with fresh money. Hold for 20 years and reap the reward of compounding.
If we all look at the same stock the same way, there wouldn't be any efficient pricing system; it's the opposing views that make the market. Having said that, TWTR's fundamental is crap, it's bleeding money. The only saving grace is its growth in users, and I believe more and more companies will use social media (FB and TWTR) to engage their users and consumers, particularly entrepreneurs and startups. TWTR isn't a value play, it's a speculative growth play. That's why I...
This reminds me of this quote:"One of the funny things about the stock market is that every time one person buys, another sells, and both think they are astute." - William FeatherI see it differently, the platform may suck, but it's a popularity contest. Celebrities are using Twitter to broadcast their dull and sometimes narcissistic thoughts, while companies use it to engage customers. I think there is still some growth left.
TWTR is on this continuous march upward. This was my speculative play, only $2k in. Should've bought more, but thankfully I didn't sell when it hit new high last month. Let it ride!
Curious to know what kind of fedora Eric Fassbender is wearing in X-men DOFP. The brim is wide and flat, not a snap brim? I also think the pinch on the crown is interesting, so prominent that it's almost making a centre crease. I wonder what is the maker, I'd like to see more photos of this type of fedora.
[[SPOILER]] Any website to show is portfolio and price range?
THI popped 20% after Burger King is in talk to buy it. I was looking into it last week as it has a pretty strong moat here in Canada. Too bad I didn't have any money.