or Connect

Posts by MrGoodBytes

Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan I read this article over the weekend. To me, the problem is not the diminishing of dress codes (directly speaking, I couldn't care less), but the apparent diminishing of the values that led people to dress well in the first place. I say 'apparent' because the cynical part of me (the biggest part) believes fundamentally it's always been the same: 99% of people don't have the taste, character, or motivation to be...
lol, I knew the shock of cost was going to come up. I've built a few 17' hulls myself, all out of carbon fiber/kevlar. Other than taking up alot of space and a nice pump, its not too hard. Personally, I've always had more fun building them than using them. (trying to drudge up some photos but no luck)
No I can't say I ever did.... and apart from occasionally copying some math homework problems, I can't recall any cheating. I am not against the term paper thing but I could never justify (or afford) a ghost writer.
I struggle greatly with moderation. I have an addictive personality and any time I pick up a hobby or interest, its extreme. I have to be very careful on things I let into my life. I've struggled with drugs, alcohol, nicotine, cars, vintage video games, aquariums, battlebots... you name it. The one thing I know I have a problem with that I have very successfully been able to control is gambling... I just don't involve myself in anything that requires risking money. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by LA Guy The distributed cost argument is a chimera. The truth is that people who buy expensive clothes will (usually) continue to buy more expensive clothes. My dad, by contrast, has worn a pair of jeans from Sears that I think my mom got him over a decade ago, several times a week. It is frugality that would make Mother Teresa weep. My clothes, and yours, are luxuries. Nothing wrong with that. the only...
Quote: Originally Posted by mordecai;4336756 [IMG http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OufNdUpd4A8/TC7dspwlgmI/AAAAAAAACEw/L3J7EgcgkCM/s1600/REUNION.jpg[/IMG] Union and Confederate soldiers at the 75th anniversary of Gettysburg ] I love that pic, the meeting of the last survivors of the N vs S in something like 67 or 76. funny note is one of the souther guys started hooting during the shaking and its the only recording of the southern battle cry... ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tooch4321 If that is 100% Barrel Aged Coton then you are in for an incredible beer! Most of that stuff in one of the pictures you have to be a Reserve Society member to even purchase the beers, you then have to either live in California or have a trustee pick it up and ship it to you. Their best stuff comes from the Reserve Society, their regular release stuff is just meh... yes hence why I thought it was worthy of...
hmmm, I see the Publican is having a bruery tasting on the 17th. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...8&l=0e819b6d90 very tempting!
I think fermi is grasping at straws. I do live really close to it and do occasionally talk to a few people from the facility and I was aware that they felt they had been close to something the past two years, but I think they would've made this announcement regardless if they had something or not as a gambit for funding but its too late for that.... they are being mothballed. sad really.
ok so I'm probably not the only person who loves denim but can't live in denim (silly work thing). Is there a right and wrong way of storing them between wears or does it play any factor into breaking in? I typically loosely clip them to a hanger so they keep their shape without breaking the natural wear wrinkles. Is this best practice?