or Connect

Posts by MrGoodBytes

my roommate has one and has had it for at least 5 years now. Pretty reliable cars from his experience (although ironically his alternator just started going on the fritz this week). I took one out for a track day when they first came out in ?99? (lincoln sponsored event). They definitely handle well and are more nimble than they look, but the weight distribution (51/49% IIRC) is fantastic with very neutrally balanced steering.
appreciate the kind words. I do alot of work in wood simply because I can work very quickly in it, and plenty of times I'll end up painting it because a wood texture just isn't appropriate in that space. heres something I was recently working on. The woman wanted a nice set of chopsticks and I got frustrated not being able to find anything I felt was of sufficient quality available, picked up a $2 strip of bocote and spent about 20 minutes with a bench sander and viola....
Quote: Originally Posted by moose saison du buff is great the dogfish head version is spectacular.... the victory bottling is meh (glorfied golden monkey)... unfortunately I simply cannot get the stone bottling by me.
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson I'm interested in seeing how L2O does moving forward. On one hand, they just got three Michelin stars, which is huge. On the other hand, Laurent Gras is now gone, and there's no doubt in my mind that if he had left before the guidebooks were printed, L2O would have gotten less than three. ya that will be interesting for sure. one of my good friends was an opening day employee for them. I'd always...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tooch4321 Bourbon County Brand Stout Rare, aged over 2 years in 23 year old Pappy Van Winkle barrels, it retails at $42.99 a bottle... was at a tasting 2 years ago at the bristol where they debuted a lot of stuff. we had the first tasting of the stout from the van winkle barrels and I'd have to assume that it originated from the same batch. personally I think without aging it like that, its already at the outer...
too lazy to take new pics. I am a 95% radio listener... I own 3 tivoli radios, one in the garage, bedroom and office. the office one I run through a nikko beta 50 pre-amp and eq 25 equalizer and primarily listen through my grado labs sr80's.... I love the combination of the equipment and the warm sound it produces. my home entertainment is nice but nothing fancy, polk rti12's up front with matching center channel and some lesser floor standing polks out back. ...
oh cool, I didnt know Tivoli had an alarm clock. I have a model one and their model satellite with the stereo speaker.... definitely interested in that.
so I did some searching and I dont see much discussion on the topic, especially for leather... I got a pair from AE a few years ago (all leather, right before they switched to the fur lined), but just haven't seen anything else nice out there since then but I'd love to pick up another pair if anyone has good suggestions.
Quote: Originally Posted by artoftime yes, but on a Volkswagen? lol, no... but what does it matter what car its for? at a certain point a car is just a car and it doesn't matter what your base platform is... I have less than a dozen parts/bolts left on the car that came from the factory. so I'm going to leave the car itself out of the discussion. but I feel I do need to give an overview of what the "interior" currently is for the...
yes I am very concerned about having too many textures and colors. don't worry I have a very solid game plan, just remember these are just some feasibility parts and have nothing to do with the actual build... and they are accents, it'll be simple elegance past that. I'll be popping in now and then to update this thread with some of the luxury parts and raw material. oh found an old photo of the complete set of accessory bits (none of this stock equipment exists in...