or Connect

Posts by MrGoodBytes

I've picked up a lot of Criterion edition movies over the years. If nothing else, I love the additional attention to audio detail. Usually it's been picked up because it's been a movie on my list but lately it's been picking completely random movies just because of the Criterion name and expanding my horizon. I'd love some recommendations of non-US mainstream theater releases from their library.
when you say brazillian rosewood, I almost have to assume you are talking about bocote. I had been working in it for many years for any project I could. It's qualities are amazing, it handles extreme temperature cyclings well, it has a naturally oily finish that doesn't require any coating, and its colorations after a decade of sun exposure is unreal.... oh and it use to be stupidly cheap. I had wondered why my wood supplier suddenly stopped stocking it a few years...
For personal listening, I am a sucker for tivoli (or if it's at work, grado headphones). I got an A/V question. for my home theater I have Polk RTi12's all around and whatever the matching center channel is. It is nothing really fancy but they are decent speakers. I've blown out two mid-tier onkyo receivers with these speakers. Any recommendations on mid-tier receivers that can power these for movies and still have inputs like optical and stereo (and I feel dumb...
ok so I am getting to the point that the car I roll up in makes a difference professionally. I already have a dedicated road course car and a little honda hypermiller.... neither of those are going anywhere but I need something on the professional end. I'm a car guy: I have a penchant for modifying cars and I have a hard time giving up my clutch pedal. I will only buy new. Other than leather, I opt out of almost all non-performance options. Budget is about 50k... ...
I can only assume by your user name that you speak authoritatively on the topic and that was exactly what I was looking to know so big thanks for the input, that was exactly what I was trying to figure out.
OK so monday I may accept a contract engineering position. I have always been salaried and have a bit over 2 weeks before the start... Is there a financial benefit to starting and LLC and registering the work under that? This would move to direct in 3-6 months.
So long story short, my friend group have been making use of this lake house for the past 15 years. It is without question, mine and my friends happy place. It was owned by my friend's grandmother who passed away at 93, due to family disputes, it is getting sold. Between me and another buddy, the money is there to take it over. I need advice for legal agreements on owning vacation property with a really good friend. He is the type of guy that we have never had...
ya Modus really is the highlight. on a similar note, always heard rave reviews of Revolution Brewery, never had them. picked up a 6-er of cans of their Anti-Hero IPA. Its more refined than Modus, but I just cant get into it. I'm just finishing up a bomber of their Coup D'Etat Saison, and I was hoping for some serious funk but its moderate at best. I've heard so much about the brewery, I'm disappointed and will be hesitant in the future. Also picked up some of...
just finished their stateside saison, no specific notes, it was ok.Also had a Monk's Care Flemish Sour which I remembered to be pretty decent, maybe my tastes are off from getting off a cold but it was pretty horrible.much much better was bockor cuvee des jacobins rouge.... mmmmmmcontinuing with the bad, this is one of the most disgusting beers I have had in ages. Also very true to its nameand while not the pinnacle of saisons, I've really been enjoying the saison...
was at backroads brewery yesterday for their octoberfest. 20 bucks for all you can drink, and three floyds was present with first day tapping of Snow Weasel. "Dry Hopped Porter" that was unreal. ya I drank it all day.