or Connect

Posts by Octoberfile

B.S. in economics, then economics again in grad school, then accounting, then I got a CPA. Now I'm old, tired, worn out and very sleepy.
Quote: Originally Posted by MBreinin McFly??? Is that you??? The resemblance to Crispin Glover was also mentioned by Holdfast a little while back in an earlier post......the look is entirely unintentional though. He is a bit of an oddball when interviewed, and although I'm not a huge fan of his earlier stuff (I never actually saw Back to the Future part I or II), his performance in Bartleby killed me....you really gotta see...
I wear shorts when it's hot, pants when its not.
Navy blue pinstripe. Although, looks almost black from photos.
If you're looking at an Alfani Red, they're pretty slim fitting, yet more proportional than some of the other OTR "slim-fit" suits out there. This means that the jacket length and sleeves won't have that pee-wee herman/thom browne shortness that so many young guys find so appealing.....this might also be why you prefer the fit of the Alfani 36R to the 38R, even though the 38R shoulders fit better. OTR suits almost always need to be tailored, and Alfani is no...
Quote: Originally Posted by allaboutshoes Long time lurker in WAYWT. First time poaster so take it easy. Its not such a good picture, si ill take better ones next time. Suit is dark grey [[SPOILER]] The brightness and design of the tie aside, I think the double windsor is appropriate for the width of the english spread collar of your shirt. A smaller knot would be overwhelmed by the wide gap between the collar points. I think the european style is a little...
Quote: Originally Posted by Navi ......On my way home after the storm. Picked up the sunglasses for cheap, do they make me look like a douche? Be honest. I have a feeling they do but I needed a pair. [[SPOILER]] Spoilered for privacy purposes for all parties involved. I apologize for the photo bombing, I haven't posted a fit in quite a while. Been all bottled up or something. Nothing douche about aviator sunglasses, unless you're wearing them indoors....
I smell an opportunity to go out and buy yourself a nice brand new black suit to replace the costume national that's about ready for the goodwill drive.
Oh yeah....those check plaid patterns, those fat lapels...that jacket is so SF approved....all the SF die hards would kill for that jacket! I wouldn't say it's "old man", but if you wore that back in 1978, you'd be the grooviest swinger at the meat-market single's bar and the shine of that disco ball dangling above your feathered doo would really accentuate those Herb Talek designs. Once you put on that jacket, you're bound to graduate to bigger things....and next...
This one is my favorite....