or Connect

Posts by Octoberfile

Taken at a mardi gras-like/masquerade ball thing over the 4th of July weekend. I finally got around to posting these up. It was my gf's birthday so they gave her a free dessert. She took that block of ice cream/chocolate cake madness home in a box and said she ate it the next day.
That tie is very nice indeed.....and nothing beats the look of a nice black pinstrip DB or 3-piece for those hot dates at chez louie...during the evening of course.
The heavier build and crewcut make you look more like a mid-western fratboy....too middle american. You looked better when you were skinnier and had medium length hair. Most guys on this forum are trying to lose weight and look younger. No point in trying to make yourself look older now......that will happen naturally, and very quickly. Go looking for a nice but not-too expensive wool suit, a conservative pair of oxfords or wing tips, and a good tailor.....go give...
Quote: Originally Posted by SirGrotius So, I hit my goal weight, which was 140. I'm a 5'6" male on the wrong side of 30, and I wanted to get back to my college weight, which was where I got the 140 goal. I dropped 37 pounds, which feels great but now I'm kind of bored. Maintaining the 140 is not particularly hard, but I'm not as engaged as I was when I was losing weight and I could see myself slipping and gaining again based on boredom. How do you know...
Nothing wrong with a black suit....I've got four of them....you'll never run out of funerals to wear them at since everyone eventually dies. They're also rather appropriate for indoor weddings, since a wedding is just a funeral for the groom anyway.
My only real gripe is when guys do the sockless thing with a suit, especially with loafers or moccasins. I'll accept the casual shorts and tennis shoes thing with no socks, but trying to imitate the "Italian no sock trend" makes me ill, especially when imagining the reek of the foot sweat odor and sticky blisters on the corns.......and don't try and convince me that some of these guys don't shave their legs, because the baby smooth ankles don't jive with the conspicuously...
Quote: Originally Posted by acconrad Rule #1: Eat a goddamn burger, men should not be skinny. How do you know if you fall into said category? Take the number of inches taller you are than your girlfriend * 5 = someNumber If your weight - someNumber < girlfriend's weight You are effectively skinnier than your woman if she were your height. Please feed burger to mouth immediately. Example: Man, 6'4'' 160 Woman, 5'5''...
Quote: Originally Posted by David Reeves There are no rules for the tall and skinny......
Theory goes, if you major in economics, graduate from a good law school, pass the bar and then get a cpa, you're allowed to run heaven while god's on vacation. You'll also be capable of pissing liquid gold and coughing up paper currency.
I agree that the length is a bit short. However, the shoulders fit well, arms are a little uneven, which can easily be corrected, and the button stance is fine where it is. If the jacket was an inch or two longer, you'd have one fine bargain, assuming you bought it on the cheap. Your thin, you've got long limbs and you' got some height. If you shrink one inch, you can fit into that jacket and become a model. Good luck.