or Connect

Posts by Octoberfile

Bump! I hated everything off-the rack from 1990 - 2006. for nearly 15 years, nearly all pants had pleats and were ventless. I remember back in 1990, asking a sales guy if he had something with no pleats, and with at least one vent. He smiled and said, "the world is ventless", and he said the last time he saw a double vent was in the late 70's disco days. Those were miserable times. Anyway, I benefit directly from the new slim-fit trend because now I can just...
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueHorseShoe Natural argument is if you bought decent shirts they wouldn't wear out so thin. I had a friend in school who only bought Express dress shirts and he would wear out the elbows in months. They were truly horrible. You may feel this way, and that's fine, but most here will disagree. I put to you a litmus test. How do you find this: Your litmus test is meaningless. I find this to be better:
I disagree regarding the prohibition on black dress shirts. Black collared shirts are a great alternative to wear at night paired with black or dark charcoal dress pants. Take that you purists!
Their dress shirts are cotton, not spandex. Also, I go through dress shirts quick and Express' slim fit shirts are slim and relatively inexpensive. As far as quality goes? You get what you pay for. At regular price, maybe not a great buy, but Express' dress shirts are always on sale. For the above average (or average) height, skinny-athletic build guy, Express' shirt ain't bad for the dough.
Don't own a TH, but tried one on at macy's. I'm 6" and have long legs, long arms, and a moderately long torso. You can always get a short if you're worried about jacket length, but I didn't find the jackets to be too long. They seem to be just the right length on me, but the shoulders do run a bit broad. I wasn't crazy about the fit so I passed on it, even though it was on sale at the time (this was back in mid-November).
I tried on a few Express suit separate jackets and pants a few weeks ago while strolling through the mall. The jackets fit ok and, with a little tailoring, could look decent. The pants tend to run big in the waist (30" fits like a 32") and the length of the pants are on the short side and they only give you maybe about 1" to 1.25" of extra length in the hem. If you're tall and thin, you may have a problem with the pants and may have better luck at H&M. The fabric on most...
The suit jacket's arms were lengthened.....he did a pretty good job there. The suit jacket was obviously taken in some to fit my more narrow frame and tapered at the sides a bit. That's pretty much it. The shoulders fit perfect, so most of the alterations were pretty standard for a suit jacket. The suit collar and lapel are not quite right, but not a major disaster either, so it seems. I'm a very, very hard size, but I'm used to buying suits. I took my time to find a...
I had a suit altered (36R) by my tailor. He's a very experienced and fairly capable tailor (I DON'T go to Dry Cleaner seamstresses to get my clothes altered), but when I allowed him to measure me, I tended to stand up too stiff and straight, rather than straight, but still a bit relaxed. I tend to have reallly bad posture, so I tried to make up for it.....maybe a little too much. Anyway, here are the problems (sorry, no pictures available): 1. Mostly on the left side...