or Connect

Posts by Octoberfile

Back from an evening out.
Off the rack jackets at most large suit outlets and retail stores rarely come with much waist suppression or non at all. The objective is to manufacture a product that can fit the greatest number of consumers for each individual size category offered. I've said it before, but it is my view that an off the rack suit is meant to be tailored in some way as the standard sizing system will fit very few without some alterations being performed. Basically, never wear an off the...
I don't like the cuffs on the pants and the squared toed shoes need to be replaced. The suit needs some tailoring done, but other than that, you have plenty to work with. Hey, its suitsupply, so you didn't do bad.
This thread seems to be attracting the tall, average to less than average weight category types with some mid section flub. I would like to point out that it would certainly be less costly and less of a hassle in the long run to undergo a change in diet in order to get the midsection in check than it would be to drive your tailor nuts in trying to taper everything down except the lower torso. Maybe eat less bread and pasta and keep the beer guzzling to a minimum? In any...
Skinny lapels = 1960's Madmen look with sack suit or you'll look like a member of The Knack with slimfit suit. Wide lapels = 1970's disco fever. Medium lapels = classic and less likely to become dated. I'm not voting until the medium lapel option is included.
I danced all night in this thing so everything is a bit messy and disheveled, and since I didn't take the pictures, I had no control over the quality. [[SPOILER]] [[SPOILER]] [[SPOILER]] ...
It just looks like you need to buy a narrower belt.
Maybe he can't afford a professional photographer to take pictures of him at every angle in order to post them up on a forum. He's posted up six pictures at four different angles and his hands aren't in his pockets. He's wearing a dress shirt, a tie, and dress shoes, and the lighting isn't great, but acceptable for indoor view.Ultimately, its gonna take a knowledgeable tailor and some trial and error to figure out what fits him and what can and can't be done with this...
In my opinion, the suit looks decent, but still needs work.1. Shorten the jacket sleeves to show at least 1/4" of cuff, no more than 1/2", but some guys on here like to show as much as an inch in order to strive for that old timey neapolitan look.2. Shorten the hem on the pants so that you get a medium break.3. Its hard to judge the length of your jacket by the obscure frontal shots, but it seems to be adequate looking at the side pictures.4. The excess fabric in the back...