or Connect

Posts by thesilentist

These are probably the best dressed of the night: Bradley Cooper in Tom Ford: Wouldn't change much with his tuxedo. Although, in some other photos you might seem some collar gap. Might have also considered going with a wing collar since he's wearing peaked lapels and maybe added a pocket square, but I thought he looked quite sharp. Christoph Waltz in Prada: Nice to see a tuxedo in midnight blue. I thought his fit him better than Daniel Day Lewis' tuxedo as you watched...
In addition to those mentioned by reidrothchild, you could have one custom made. I know that Proper Suit is now doing unstructured jackets and I wrote about them today at my blog and I took some photos of their fabric swatches. In addition, Kent Wang is also offering unstructured jackets now, too, I believe. You can check his affiliate thread for more info. FWIW, I have had jackets from LBM 1911, Boglioli and Caruso (for Burberry) in the past. I also know that Brooks...
First time posting in this thread. For context: wearing this out to a casual dinner with friends and visiting a cocktail bar afterward (the kind where bartenders call themselves "mixologists" and wear tweed waistcoats and bowties). A few self critiques: could use a different pocket square, maybe moleskin or cords would be better than cotton drill.
I had one Kiton tie a while back and ended up selling it to buy a tie from Vanda, if that's any indication. I like that many of Vanda's are unlined or lightly lined. To me, this allows the knot "sculpting" to be more interesting and easier. I felt like the heavier lining made the knotting experience a bit too "dense" and heavier, if that makes any sense. It's just my preference to have something lightly or completely unlined. I've actually been gradually selling off my...
FWIW, I did a review of Proper Suit for my blog (disclosure: they provided the suit to me free for review): http://thesilentist.com/post/35271937436/proper-suit-review-made-to-measure-custom-mtm What's not mentioned in the review I wrote up was some of the evolution of their business that I talked with them about. When they first started, they were doing something similar to Indochino and having people simply enter in measurements online, which turned into a disaster for...
FWIW, I fall between a 38R and 38L, and found the 38R worked well and was able to let out the sleeves about an inch (can't recall the exact amount at the alterationist, as my left and right arms are different lengths). As far as the jacket's length, that's a different story if you need a longer length, but it's not a terrible amount of trouble to get the sleeves let out by your tailor or local alterationist.
Cable Car Clothiers saddle shoes: 10 D, navy & off white -- $70 shipped Got these off eBay, but the seller incorrectly assumed they were larger than they were (he labeled them as a 10.5 D, the shoe itself is labeled at 10 D, which is more accurate as they were tight on me). Shoe is basically unworn, doesn’t even look like they’ve been outdoors based on the soles. I’ve just worn them around the house to see how they fit. I would classify them as NWOT. I take PayPal and...
Drake’s blue silk with white dots: 59” x 3.5”, England — $80 (shipped via USPS priority flat rate w/ delivery confirmation) I take PayPal and ship to the U.S.A. only. No holds, first to pay gets it. PM me for info. Thanks for looking!
Hugo Boss Black slim-fit tuxedo shirt: unpleated bib front, hidden button placket (no need for studs), French cuffs, darted in back: 15.5/34-35 — $100 (shipped via USPS priority flat rate w/ delivery confirmation) Measurements: Pit-to-pit: 20.75” Waist: 19.5” Length: 31.25” Shoulders: 17.75” Sleeves: 35.5” (26.5” shoulder to cuff) Worn once -- not stains or damage. Selling because I dropped down a neck size and it no longer fits. Costs $125 new at retail. I take...
Boglioli K grey silk & linen (51-49) herringbone blazer: unstructured, unlined, patch pockets, 3/2 roll, surgeon cuffs, double-vented, size 48 IT (38R) — $320 (shipped via USPS priority flat rate w/ delivery confirmation) Measurements: Pit-to-pit: 21” Waist: 19” Shoulders: 18.25” Length: 30.5” Sleeve: 25.5” Lapels: 3” Fabric is super lightweight and the lining is only in the sleeves and upper shoulders. No alterations done. Bought from another SF/B&S member, but I...