or Connect

Posts by thesilentist

For sale: Edward Green UK9/US9.5 "Silverstone" chukka boots in chocolate "mink suede" on the C82 last. Shoe tree, shoe bags, polishing cloth and original box included. Worn only once on wood flooring and carpeting at work and on sidewalks to/from lunch. Great deal on a barely-worn pair of shoes. Please know your Edward Green sizing. Shipping to U.S. only. Ships free via UPS with tracking. Payment via PayPal accepted. $900 2/10/16: DROPS! Now only $700 shipped!
I received mine. I screwed up ordering a size larger than I typically take in sweatshirts and knits. I bought a medium instead of going with a small. I wear a 38R in most tailored clothing and am a 15.5" neck w/ 35" sleeves and a 33" waist. I went with a medium since that's what I size I bought for a Champion x Todd Snyder sweatshirt, which was not smart thinking on my part. Oh well.Compared the measurements against the size chart. It's the correct length, a bit wider (43"...
It's very rare you'll find clothing manufactured in Sweden. When I used to work at Khaki's of Carmel, the former sales rep from Eton visited our store (now representing another "Swedish" shirt line, Stenstroms) and I asked why shirts weren't manufactured in Sweden. I assumed it was a labor cost issue, but it's a bit more complicated than that. While labor cost are a factor as well as having skilled labor to do the volume necessary for a company like Eton's size, there's a...
I've owned a lot of brands of ties in the past, including a few from Drake's. I ended up selling almost all my non-Vanda ties, including Drake's.It comes down to preference of how you like the feel of a knot and the stiffness or lack thereof on a tie. Vanda always does 4 or 6 fold ties, most of the time unlined or at most lightly lined. This makes them feel "airy" a bit more like a scarf on the typical "silk tie" fabrics. The easiest comparison to make (since both brands...
Maker: Gaziano & Girling Model: Wigmore Size: 9.5 E UK (translates to 10 D US) Last: TG73 Materials: Burnished Vintage Oak and Mole Suede Original retail: $1,575.00 Includes: Boots, lasted shoe trees, shoe bags, polishing cloth, extra laces, original box (a bit beat up from shipping) These boots were an exclusive make-up for Leffot, which my friend bought on final sale. He wore them, once, in his own home on hardwood floors and decided that he didn't like the chisel toe...
The Allen Edmonds "Bel Air" model in black calf in size 10.5 D (US). A good of amount of wear on them and definitely in worn condition. Sold as pictured with cedar shoe trees. Shipping is $15 via USPS Priority. Payment via PayPal. Check out my other shoes for sale in the same size!
The Allen Edmonds "Bel Air" model in walnut calf in size 10.5 D (US). A good of amount of wear on them and definitely in worn condition. Sold as pictured with cedar shoe trees. Shipping is $15 via USPS Priority. Payment via PayPal. Check out my other shoes for sale in the same size!
The popular Allen Edmonds "Strand" model in black calf in size 10.5 D (US). Lots of wear and life left in them. Sold as pictured with cedar shoe trees. Shipping is $15 via USPS Priority. Payment via PayPal. Check out my other shoes for sale in the same size!
edit: SOLD!
Edit: Dropped from $925 to $800! Worn only once! Lasted wooden shoe trees included! The classic wardrobe staple from Edward Green: The Chelsea black plain captoe balmoral oxford. Size: 9.5 UK / 10 US Width: "E" UK / "D" US Last: 82 I bought these and after wearing them for a day discovered they were slightly too big for my slightly too narrow feet. They're in fantastic condition. I've only worn them outside three times (car to work, walking to pick up lunch and back...