or Connect

Posts by thesilentist

The Allen Edmonds "Bel Air" model in black calf in size 10.5 D (US). A good of amount of wear on them and definitely in worn condition. Sold as pictured with cedar shoe trees. Shipping is $15 via USPS Priority. Payment via PayPal. Check out my other shoes for sale in the same size!
The Allen Edmonds "Bel Air" model in walnut calf in size 10.5 D (US). A good of amount of wear on them and definitely in worn condition. Sold as pictured with cedar shoe trees. Shipping is $15 via USPS Priority. Payment via PayPal. Check out my other shoes for sale in the same size!
The popular Allen Edmonds "Strand" model in black calf in size 10.5 D (US). Lots of wear and life left in them. Sold as pictured with cedar shoe trees. Shipping is $15 via USPS Priority. Payment via PayPal. Check out my other shoes for sale in the same size!
edit: SOLD!
Edit: Dropped from $925 to $800! Worn only once! Lasted wooden shoe trees included! The classic wardrobe staple from Edward Green: The Chelsea black plain captoe balmoral oxford. Size: 9.5 UK / 10 US Width: "E" UK / "D" US Last: 82 I bought these and after wearing them for a day discovered they were slightly too big for my slightly too narrow feet. They're in fantastic condition. I've only worn them outside three times (car to work, walking to pick up lunch and back...
These are probably the best dressed of the night: Bradley Cooper in Tom Ford: Wouldn't change much with his tuxedo. Although, in some other photos you might seem some collar gap. Might have also considered going with a wing collar since he's wearing peaked lapels and maybe added a pocket square, but I thought he looked quite sharp. Christoph Waltz in Prada: Nice to see a tuxedo in midnight blue. I thought his fit him better than Daniel Day Lewis' tuxedo as you watched...
In addition to those mentioned by reidrothchild, you could have one custom made. I know that Proper Suit is now doing unstructured jackets and I wrote about them today at my blog and I took some photos of their fabric swatches. In addition, Kent Wang is also offering unstructured jackets now, too, I believe. You can check his affiliate thread for more info. FWIW, I have had jackets from LBM 1911, Boglioli and Caruso (for Burberry) in the past. I also know that Brooks...
First time posting in this thread. For context: wearing this out to a casual dinner with friends and visiting a cocktail bar afterward (the kind where bartenders call themselves "mixologists" and wear tweed waistcoats and bowties). A few self critiques: could use a different pocket square, maybe moleskin or cords would be better than cotton drill.
I had one Kiton tie a while back and ended up selling it to buy a tie from Vanda, if that's any indication. I like that many of Vanda's are unlined or lightly lined. To me, this allows the knot "sculpting" to be more interesting and easier. I felt like the heavier lining made the knotting experience a bit too "dense" and heavier, if that makes any sense. It's just my preference to have something lightly or completely unlined. I've actually been gradually selling off my...
FWIW, I did a review of Proper Suit for my blog (disclosure: they provided the suit to me free for review): http://thesilentist.com/post/35271937436/proper-suit-review-made-to-measure-custom-mtm What's not mentioned in the review I wrote up was some of the evolution of their business that I talked with them about. When they first started, they were doing something similar to Indochino and having people simply enter in measurements online, which turned into a disaster for...