or Connect

Posts by thesilentist

Made-to-measure probably wouldn't be reliable -- at least from any place that uses a Chinese manufacturer -- as Chinese New Year begins next week and most factories shut down for 3 weeks (or more). Also, that budget is pretty unrealistic for MTM, unless you went half-canvased. As others have suggested, off-the-rack is probably the best option. This will give you enough time to do alterations before your event. I would also keep in mind you'll want to have shoes and a...
As someone with a similar predicament, you're probably going to have to special order whatever you're looking for from someone that takes special orders. Alden, to my knowledge, stocks a few models in B widths. They don't do special orders, but you can sometimes place a special order with stores that are doing a pre-sale (Epaulet, Leffot, etc.). Downside is you're limited by what those stores pre-order. Rancourt offers narrow widths on everything. They might have some...
If you can get away with wearing Robert Graham shirts at work, then you could wear any of those shoes. The desert boots would be weird with dress pants though. And the tie loafers strike me as a very summer shoe. The penny would probably be most versatile, but I'm not sure that color would be versatile. You'd be better off getting something black or dark brown.
It's generally good advice. I do believe it applies to the uppers and interior of the shoe in addition to the sole. That said, I've been wearing the same pair of Dainite soled boots all winter long with the intention of giving them that worn in look and don't particularly care if I wear them several days in a row and have done this for several years now. I do rotate dress shoes, however, so maybe just flip back and forth between your current pairs until you can afford to...
Yikes, that drop 11! Tough. I think dropping the button stance a lot more and increasing the chest measurement along with getting the shoulder/back width and slope correct will help. This is easier said than done. If it's bespoke there's a good shot your tailor could address this in a remake. If it's MTM, you could be at the limits of their MTM system. The trousers are another matter, but I'm guessing you have pretty large thighs & calves so that limits how tapered you can...
O'Connell's: http://www.oconnellsclothing.com/O-Connell-s-Baracuta-Jacket-British-Racing-Green.html I feel like the green jacket you have in the photo might be brighter than it actually is because it's being shot in sunlight. Otherwise, you could wait and see what colors are released by Baracuta in the next few months as that color is definitely more of a Spring/Summer tone than Fall/Winter.
I think the Denver tailors thread is a good place to start and you could cross reference them with Yelp. (Although I take Yelp reviews with a grain of salt as people often aren't as motivated to review a business for good service as they are a bad incident, imho)
Shoulders and back are too wide. Also, your shoulders seem to be more sloped than a typical OTR jacket/pattern would be adjusted for, so that's also contributing to that excess fabric on the back. Button stance still seems high, especially given how you can see the lapels are bowing across the chest. Armholes could also potentially be higher, but given your muscle structure there may be a limit to how much smaller you could make them. Curious: have you tried on/worn Tom...
Have you had items tailored at Nordstrom before? Did it work out to your satisfaction? If so, stick with them, especially since the alterations may be free or reduced in price versus an outside tailor.If you have no experience with the tailors there, then go to your preferred tailor that you have an established relationship with already.If you don't have an established relationship with a tailor already, then now is a good time to form one. Don't be cheap -- you already...
Looks fine to me. I think a darker brown or black would probably go better with charcoal, but it would probably still work in that combination. For overcoats, they're generally constructed to be worn over suit/sportcoat jackets and are a bit more formal in appearance than say a parka, duffle coat or peacoat. But I've worn my overcoat with all manners of clothing and not really thought twice about it -- including denim. Generally speaking, I live in Chicago where wearing...