or Connect

Posts by lachyzee

Aldi had some fantastic snow gear in their the other day. 20k/20k jacket for 89 that looked very similar to my 350$ 686 jacket...could've been made in the same factory. Highly recommended. Unfortunately it's impossible to tell if a store will have any stock without going in.
No.There are usually similar colours in each weight range, but they aren't exactly the same.
I bought 2 x AE Fifth Street on sale as seconds a few months ago, 1 brown, 1 black, both 10.5D.The brown ones have creased nicely and in the same fashion as my other AEs, nice small creases. They still look almost new.The blacks, on the other hand, have creased in a fairly horrid manner. Best to just look at the comparison pictures below rather than me trying to describe it. There is a particularly unsightly and completely illogical diagonal crease above the left little...
Second question: what kind of lining options do you guys go with in relation to Minnis Fresco? I am tossing up whether to get something in the 250/280gms range, or the 280/310gms range. I have read that, obviously, the lighter one wears cooler, but has some drape problems. That, though, was contradicted by Manton & ors a few pages ago. I have also heard that they can be somewhat see-through - if I go for a half-lining, would a lighter colour be better? In terms of...
Speaking of Huddersfield, I'm thinking of ordering something from them in H7214. Unfortunately they won't send me any swatches. Anyone happen to have this swatch IRL, or have seen it IRL? Just want to know if the colour on the site is accurate:
Speaking of Loakes, I have a pair of Burgundy 771s that I need to offload. I bought them a good 3 years ago, wore them a couple of times til il I realised that AE fitted me a hell of a lot better, and then put them on top of the cupboard never to be used again. I would sell them to an interested party for a very good price, I just need some advance notice to clean them up a bit first! (dusty). Size 9F - if this is you and you're interested, let me...
Don't order from AE directly. Order from Amazon when on sale, or a department store when on sale e.g. Nordstrom.Their shipping rates are much more reasonable, and discounts are much higher.Hansens clothing also often has big sales, and shipping is $50 no matter how many pairs you order, I believe.In the days of endless.com I bought multiple new AEs for $225 shipped, *sigh*. I'd say I usually pay about $270 these days.
I prefer AE over Loakes too. They are available as cheaply, or cheaper, and have a much wider array of lasts, sizes and widths. I have a very narrow foot, and their 5 last is perfect for me.If ever any of you go to the US (someone was asking about this before), one thing I would definitely do is get fitted in AE and/or Alden.Or, as boff said, go for the trial and error approach on eBay with some cheapos. The general advice on the 5 last (on which most of their most popular...
I think you just need to sign up to their emails.
Katrinas is good.