or Connect

Posts by lachyzee

Never handled a Baracuta in person - anyone own one? Whats the "Teflon" coating like? How warm are they? The MJb one is 100% cotton, unlined. Kinda like the tartan check on the G9 photos. Hmm.
Yeah I went in yesterday to see those guys. Really friendly. I bought not only the light blue version of the wool/silk/linen navy blazer I bought the other day, but also their version of a Harrington jacket Wondering if I should return it and just pick up a Baracuta G9 in the next few weeks when I'm in the USA though...
Tresanas in Cabernet Brown (from the Made in Italy "Seven" collection) Moderator's note: Do not post FS advertisements. We will delete the whole post or edit out the inappropriate parts.
To AE Fifth Street boot owners - have you found that it fits exactly the same as other 5 lasted shoes e.g. Park Ave, 5th Ave etc.? Do you take the same size? Cheers
Yeah if you're tallish you're going to have more issues with ties that narrow quickly, good point.
True, my 7cm Kent Wang tie is not that noticeably different to my 8cm HC tie - except that it narrows substantially earlier. So it is much narrower at the point where the blade of the tie goes into the knot. Thus it doesn't dimple very well.To achieve a good dimple, I think that having a tie that stays fairly wide right until the knotting point is crucial. Otherwise there simply isn't enough material to make the dimple "W" shape.
If any of you use CottonWork here is a 5% discount code: PJ2W-DJ5Z
The MJ Bale tie I bought off eBay recently is 8cm... don't know why they went to 7cm. I like 8 myself.
^^ I think ties, like everything else, should be somewhat proportional to your body shape. A 7cm tie might work well on a skinny guy, but look silly on a heavier set man.