or Connect

Posts by lachyzee

"Raw" denim is something I don't understand (unless you are in a profession that allows you to wear jeans every day). 6-18 months of wearing the same pair of pants? For those of us in suit and tie jobs, how many weekends does that translate to? Sleeping in jeans? Blue dye everywhere? Not sure I'll ever be bothered to go through that. I find it a bit gross, really. No matter what the bacteria count says ^^.
The Summer Light Navy Chino is a lovely shade of blue, a touch lighter than navy (lighter than the other Navy Chino fabrics Luxire has, which are fairly dark), with a really nice light weight. Some may even think it too light for dress pants, but I think it'd be fine.My only concern would be, as with most cotton pants, maintaining the crease - perhaps get the stitched crease like someone else suggested above.
You should be able to...
Do your nicer coats have hoods, though? I don't like getting a wet head, and I look silly in hats RE PlacketsI have both placket and non-placket, and I think it hardly makes a difference.If anything, I come down on the side of having a placket, as it just seems to give the shirt a sturdier construction at the front.Also if you ever plan on taking your tie off, I think the look of a placket is a bit nicer.Pocketed shirts should always have a placket, though, IMO. Some...
Wish you had mentioned you were getting this fabric, and I would've told you to avoid it. That fabric, and it's cousin the Blue Summer Chambray, are the worst Luxire fabrics out of the 30 or 40 swatches I have. They almost feel synthetic. I can't understand why they stock them, they aren't suitable for shirting at all.Having said that, they really are the only disappointing fabrics I have received. The rest are great. You got unlucky.This one is much, much...
In some ways, dressing casually for the rain is a lot more difficult than dressing formally for the rain. There's a lot of times (last night being one) that I really didn't want to have to lug an (expensive) umbrella around with me all night, and many of my jackets and coats don't have hoods. I have this Gant Rugger slicker in navy, which works well as a top layer since it's very light and packable, but unfortunately I realised last night while walking out the door at...
Does anyone have any experience with Dugdale Royal Classics Navy Herringbones? I'm torn between the standard navy herringbone, and the "wider" navy herringbone - was hoping someone would have real life picture of something made up in either of them? Wider Standard Light Navy Narrow Hoping for a width something like this:
I don't know too much about high end cameras, but my girlfriend has the Olympus TG-1 from their "Tough" range, and it's the perfect holiday camera as far as I am concerned.Takes great photos and is everything-proof.AFAIK, in a lower price range you can get the "rugged" features, but they take pretty crap photos. This one was/is the best of both worlds. You also don't pay as much for the Olympus brand name as you would for a...
A leather store? I suppose it was too much to ask in such a liberal city..Looks like you investigated a bit more thoroughly than I dared, however.
Googling "leather melbourne" brought up the following http://www.melbourneleathermen.com/home.htm