or Connect

Posts by lachyzee

Moving away from asking Nakky personally what it costs, I wish MTM businesses would just be a bit more up front about their pricing online. I understand that there are probably advantages for the business by being secretive, but it sure is annoying.
That, and usually it means the shirt is simply too slim.If I have learnt anything, it's that achieving a GQ-esque slim fit while still remaining comfortable/mobile when sitting and standing is impossible. You have to compromise.I prefer to have a smaller back waist than front to minimise extra fabric at the back while still being comfortable in the front.If you're really slim or have a back that curves in a lot, or a big drop, then darts might be the only way to go.
That guy seems to be an actual construction worker, though.... (can't work out where he is wearing all his three piece suits to).
Perhaps rude to ask a personal acquaintance, but an anonymous person on a forum? Just saves various people having to contact the manufacturer themselves, surely. This isn't the kind of thread where people will pay someone out for what they spent on a piece of clothing...
It's up to Nakky, of course. I don't really get it though. All the same, really nice coat. *edit P Johnson, Suitshop and, until recently, Oscar Hunt all followed this strategy of secrecy as well. While of course there is some variation in pricing based on exact detailing, in reality most of their price points are fairly stable based on the cloth bracket you are in. It's almost as if they want to get people in without scaring them off with a dollar figure, then reveal the...
Thanks, never understood why people are so secretive about the cost of tailored things though.... Did they swear you to secrecy? Reminds me of the ridiculous secrecy around grad job salaries.
^^ How much was the peacoat? Details on the fabric?
Sure, you could.I'd feel like a bit of a fraud if I was this guy during the week:And trying to be one of these guys on the weekend:Maybe you are both those guys, if so, Some element of consistency is important, in my view, though. You may differ on this.I guess I started thinking that way even more once I became a full time professional, which goes hand in hand with getting holder. I would think to myself - would I be comfortable if my boss/colleagues saw me in this? I...
When you say "SW&D" it connotes a certain style, or one of a few notable styles. The Rick Owens style. Or the Urban Lumberjack style. I am sure that's not how every single one of the regular posters there dress, but that's the connotation. The thing for me is that I quickly realised that if you're wearing $1000 suits, $400 shoes, and $100 shirts and ties to work 5 days a week, then you can't then go and try and be an Urban Lumberjack or a Rick Owens prodigy on the...