or Connect

Posts by lachyzee

Oli, that's flat out wrong. I've never paid more than $240 shipped for first quality calf AEs. And my last pair of firsts were $180 AUD. That's the good thing about buying a brand that Amazon stocks.
How old do you need to be before you can pull of a Panama hat (in a non Spring Carnival environment)? Or do you just need to be bald(ing) first?
It might not be the Australian SF groupthink. It's in line with the wider SF groupthink, though. The AE thread is probably the busiest brand thread in CM.
I think the conversation is stupid as well. I like AEs. Some people think they look blobby. Particularly the Park Avenue which is the most widespread shoe. You like Vass. I think they look like girly clown shoes in some lasts. It's a circular argument. However, the undeniable advantages of AEs over any other maker that I know of are: 1. An enormous range of sizes (6-16) and widths (AAA-EEE), over 10 or so lasts. There is, therefore, a much better chance that you will...
Whats your basis for this?
Yes, and only Horween.
Strand, Rutledge, Fifth Street, Dalton and I can't remember the name of the last one. *edit think its Leeds Only the Rutledge is a premium over the RRP of AEs. Sure a couple of the pics above are in shell, but that's another one of the best things about AE, and so it's something you have to factor in as well - their shell comes much cheaper than other shoe makers. If I could be bothered I'd put together a collection of all non-shell pictures, but that is just a post...
I think the thing is that some of you on here like long pointy/chisel toes, which I refer to above as Euro Rumplestiltskin shoes. I don't. I hate them. I think they look feminine, because they remind me of women's shoes. I think AEs and Aldens have a much more masculine silhouette. Generally AEs are most like the Hiro and Olfe. I don't know of any AE lasts that are as round and blobby as the rightmost two. I dislike the shape of the leftmost two lasts intensely. The...
The best thing about Allen Edmonds (which can be had for much less than $300 delivered from Amazon), is that they have far more lasts, sizes and widths than any other maker that I know of. Anyone who goes over to the US should get themselves fitted.