or Connect

Posts by lachyzee

Well I disagree on the sack of potatoes part - the silhouette is unique because it doesn't drape a whole lot, and it garners a hell of a lot of compliments for something so simple in essence.It is not at all breathable though, and not suited for days about 16C really, in my opinion, or for doing lots of walking in as I heat up very quickly in it. Unless it's raining a lot I won't do the front up.But yeah, an all time classic IMO.
I completely agree that heavy woollen overcoats/greatcoats are impractical these days, in Aus especially. I have a really nice greatcoat that only ever gets worn when I go overseas unfortunately. They've gone out of fashion for the reasons mentioned, as with heavy suiting. But my own personal opinion is that countrified outerwear doesn't work so well with a suit. I say the same about RMWs. Opinions vary on these issues clearly! I also, personally, find double breasted...
My opinion - I just can't understand the waxed Barbour-over-nice-clothes (or a suit) look. I find it a really jarring contrast. Same goes for militaristic jackets like the M65. Works for fashion bloggers, but whenever I see someone in the city trying to pull it off, I just find it odd. To me, this look doesn't work at all for most people: In terms of outerwear than can walk the line between formal and casual, I'd go for: A navy Barbour Liddesdale (bit of a step up in...
To be fair to the Japanese, this was also once sold in that most venerable of institutions, Henry Bucks...http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:mogV2MbRTooJ:www.henrybucks.com.au/store/Barbour-Bedale-Wax-Windowpane-Cotton-Jacket.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au
This looks like a good umbrella deal as well on a Fox automatic: https://www.massdrop.com/buy/fox-umbrellas-automatic-umbrella?utm_placement=13&referer=YCLVVH&mode=guest_open&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Automated%20Daily%20Promotional%202016-03-26&utm_term=Daily%20Promotional I personally own a Kent Wang one, wooden shaft, which I love and has been great other than I've made a tiny rip in the canopy somehow - anyone know any umbrella repairers in...
How do people generally go in sizing the 201 last (specifically the First Avenue boot) v the 5-65 last? I'm a 10.5C or B in the 5-65. Cheers. Also, has the date of the next seconds sale been confirmed? I read early April in an earlier post.
Thanks, went with TZ Laces in the end, they seem quite well regarded.
Thanks. Well navigating Taobao really stretched my year 9 Chinese to its limits, but I just managed to finally buy 7 of these for $87 AUD shipped. I gather they are factory seconds. I'll report back if they arrive... http://world.taobao.com/item/520137474763.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700846.0.0.f8HomS&_u=i2kj90bb77e4 Taobao seems to have refunds though which is not bad. It also seems that pretty much all Woodlore products can be had on Taobao (they are all made in...
I need to buy some good quality thin flat boot laces, similar to these. Any ideas? Doesn't matter if it's local or on the web, not urgent. Thanks
I haven't looked at this thread in about... 2000 pages so apologies if this same question has been asked recently: Is there a current "most economical" option for wooden shoe trees? I've recently come into quite a few new paits. Thanks.