or Connect

Posts by vc2000

Before you buy look at the upkeep costs...I've had a MB so I know the costs...I've only had to do tires, oil changes and basic upkeep. The costs are high but the quality has been good. One of my friends has a Bentley GT that is just out of warranty - his last repair bill was $8k which would offset the lower purchase price quickly. His repairs he wouldn't have to do to a Toyota so not sure why he should pay for them for a much more expensive car but just my opinion.
Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan Fan I like Tumi ballistic nylon. Mine had held up well for ten years and it cleans up nicely. I've had some Tumi for ten years or longer and it has done very well. For a new pilot I think Tumi would be a "fit." Most pilots won't have this nice of luggage. If you go higher end, the luggage will look out of place and you'll be known as the pilot with the expensive luggage...keep in mind that the pilot...
Wow is 15 minutes of fame really worth making a fool out of yourself? Oh for the days of the standard that most people longed for their names to appear only three times in the paper during their lives - when they were born, got married and died... I think undervaluing one's reputation is a serious mistake. In my youth a couple of times I tried to take a shortcut thinking it would get me something I wanted - they were minor but it hurt my reputation and I still...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomasso Deja vous Yes Deja vous - when you promise a Rolex to niece for graduation the OTHER family members expect the same!!! I'm rationalizing that it is cheaper then college! Thank to the members for help.
Thanks for the recommendations - any new retailers that anybody has experience with? I'd prefer to buy vintage, used, pre loved but it is a gift so they would probably prefer new. Thanks again.
Does anyone have a recommendation for a Rolex dealer in the Boston area? I made promise to that I would buy a Rolex as a gift if a goal was achieved. As the goal nearly completed I am getting ready to make the purchase. As it is a gift I am going to let them pick it out. I wouldn't pick out a Rolex but it is a gift and their choice so I will smile and pay. I would like a dealer in the Boston area or New England. Unless I could get a really great deal online but I am...
I beat others to the punch... The topic of yachts came up and Morgan's neighbor said, "I understand that you own a yacht, Mr. Morgan." "Yes, I do." Morgan replied. "How much does it cost to run?" his neighbor asked. "Why do you ask?" Morgan inquired. "Because," his neighbor replied, "I am interested in buying one." "My good man," said Morgan, "if you have to ask how much it costs to run, my answer is: Don't buy one!" The old joke is that the happiest day...
Several years ago in South Philly in a diner a waitress responded to my request for an item with the response - "Don't order that here - it isn't good." Puzzled I asked what I should order - she replied, "If it were me - nothing - I drive about 1/2 mile to someother place - their food is decent." Rather surprised with the response, I closed the menu, tossed a few bucks on the table (probably what she would have made off the order) and left. I haven't decided if that...
Quote: Originally Posted by madison avenue I am pretty sure you can meet some interesting people if you have a private jet as well. You'll meet far more interesting people at FBOs then in first class. The first time I flew private Shania Twain was waiting for her plane...that was more then a decade ago when she was smoking hot. You'll run into numerous celebs frequently at FBOs - the facility at Van Nuys daily is filled with 'em.
Keep the Toyota - take the $20k and go to grad school. If five years you'll be in a totally different place then you will be if you buy a car rather then looking at a used car you'll be able to buy whatever you want new. Invest in yourself not a car.