or Connect

Posts by Little Queenie

Are you being funny? Referring to our lovely football strip?
There's a lot of controversy about that one, roytonboy: the phrase is meant to have originated in the shipyards as 'mackem and tackem': 'mak' being a Sunderland pronunciation of 'make' and 'tak' being the pronunciation of 'take' as in 'we make the ships and they take them'.When I was a little girl (in the '70's) the term 'Geordie' was often used to describe anyone from the North East and, although I understand that the term 'Mackem' is an old one it wasn't often used as a...
This is an interesting photo! They're from Sunderland (we have a nice accent).... that hill they're sitting on is very familiar! Incidentally the school they went to is where my son goes and where Bob went.... small world....
Now up there is a strange accent!
I'm shuddering..... she has a horrible accent!
Very Interesting. Could you Southerners understand what they were saying?! Where those lads were from is a very deprived area of Newcastle: in fact that's what stood out for me - the air of poverty and deprivation. Knew how to polish their boots, though...... unlike some....
I like a bit of aggro: this thread is meant to be about Skinheads after all!
Thank-you Mr. Brown: it's been a long time since I've been called a youngster!
Good to have you back!
Charming as ever my dear Mr. Vaughan! Good advice, I always leave clothes and shoes out to 'air' once they've been worn. You've reminded me about some earlier posts regarding wives blocking shoe purchases: I'm most likely to be looking over his shoulder saying 'go on, just get them' - the more pairs you have to rotate the less you'll wear them out!