or Connect

Posts by Little Queenie

Quote: Originally Posted by browniecj Hallo,I`ve caught up!!! Good MoM can breath again, now!
Quote: Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery Good news - I have the go-ahead to use all the material from Yell in the book if necessary. That is good. Only right, though seeing as you were responsible for the majority of it!
Quote: Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery We've still got to move brownie off 222! Best ask him a question he can't help answering, then!
Quote: Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery Phew... thank you for tipping us onto the next page. You're welcome, couldn't have you standing on one leg forever.....
Quote: Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery *stands on one leg until brownie gets to 223 posts, and until we get onto p223. I think you've developed rather a taste for that!
Quote: Originally Posted by browniecj If you look at early Photos of the Small Faces,you will see that Mods did in fact wear their Trousers short.Also the picture of Rod Stewart shows that as well. I've mentioned this before, but shorter trousers were fashionable (even in the mainstream) in the late '60's. That long trousers trailing on the floor look of nowadays looks awful! Even if a suit is smart, trousers touching your shoes just makes...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lasttye But they did not capture a Skinhead audience, well not down West London thats for sure. Typical of outsiders looking in, thinking they understand something!
Quote: Originally Posted by browniecj They certainly did that night,Little Queenie.But they were nearly "captured"themselves Bet it was funny, though!
Quote: Originally Posted by browniecj Yes Mate,I have been there! Now, now you two!
Quote: Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery I always remember them turning up at the college I was at for a gig, and I was saying to them "No, you shouldn't be wearing braces and a belt, and no skinhead would wear that t-shirt... those jeans should be Levis... those boots should be DMs..." So it wasn't Slade influencing skinheads, it was a skinhead influencing Slade! (You're way too flash, M-o-M!) I think more a case of being dressed-up by...