or Connect

Posts by Little Queenie

Quite, Our Boy - I was just getting round to that next! The picture I posted is of lads from North Shields too - quite a Skinhead Mecca, so it seems!
You've contacted him haven't you, what did he say? From my understanding Nick Knight was a photography student, who produced a book about London Skinheads in the '80's, he included a section on the origins of Skinhead, for which he 'talked to' people who had been Skinheads during the period 1967-1972. I presume from this he commissioned Jim Ferguson, an original Skinhead and professional illustrator, to write a piece about the evolution of the style during this period and...
Is there anyone else on this forum from Leicester? I don't think we can say the clothes depicted in the drawings are wrong, he was reproducing the look as seen by him in his area.I think if there's one thing that we have learnt from this forum, it's that the look had many regional variations and that those variations can't be dismissed as being 'not Skinhead' simply because they were not acknowledged at part of the style by Skinheads in other areas.
Worn all together as one outfit?
Merci beaucoup Monsieur.
Bien dit, mon ami (excuse my terrible French). Jim Ferguson's exquisite drawings were lampooned on this forum, yet these drawings are deemed acceptable?
Well said, my tall friend. Especially daft when expressed by one who does not even hail from this scepter'd isle............
Then why not satire on the amusing 'cockney' accent as well? I see my photo of the smart Northern lads has been dismissed as it doesn't conform to the stereotype of the 'scruffy Northerner'. Northhamptonshire (where some of the photos he's used for the 'North' originate) is hardly classed as the North of England, the 'dividing line' generally being just south of Stoke-on-Trent.
OK, where to start? Firstly, this is not a critique of Loempiavreter's drawing skills as I can't draw for toffee!The understanding of Skinhead in the North is laughably primitive, but specifically there are a few oddities that jump out at me:The South:The lad with the salmon-coloured hair and runcible spoon for a hand: his trousers are too long and his sheepskin appears to be lacking a few buttons and, I don't know about everyone else, but every sheepskin I've ever owned...
I agree the girl is lovely, but those pictures...... I'll comment on them when I've picked myself up off the floor and overcome my hilarity.