or Connect

Posts by Sartorian

Are these each gold tone or are some silver tone? It's a bit difficult to discern in the photos.
What's the fabric composition? (Percentage/type of wool, synthetic, etc.) Thanks.
If Lincecum + bullpen (perhaps) can outpitch Lee tomorrow night, then the Giants have a shot. If not, they'll have to have phenomenal performances from both Cain and Sanchez for any kind of shot. I'm curious to see if Zito makes the roster. I think he might be able to come through if called on, even in a relief role. Jeez the Giants have a lot of lefties--Sanchez, Bumgarner, Zito, Affeldt, ...who am I forgetting?
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A previous poster mentioned this, but you're not increasing your capacity, just your tolerance. If you drink more, you're becoming more intoxicated, no matter how much your brain adapts. That's the warning. Now, if your goal is "drinking with the rugby buddies," as you mentioned before, then do what my Belgian friend does for his party trick of having pint-chugging races: Use your finger in the back of the throat. Keep emptying your stomach, you're free to drink...
I've seen these on occasion around town, but not sure of what the shoe is called. It looks like a basic, plain oxford, but slim across the top and with a rounder toe than a dress shoe. Something I'd want as a durable, plain walking shoe for about town. The kind of thing you'd see on more working-class characters in old films or illustrations. Not necessarily describing it perfectly, but that's the best I can figure out. If anyone has links or images, that'd be...
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson I know I'll probably catch some shit for saying this, but I don't get all the "for men" lines and stuff. I've used baxters of Cali, and also jack black, and art of shaving. None of them seemed to work very well. Then, I forgot my stuff one weekend going to Lish's apartment and just used her regular girlie stuff. It worked much better for my skin, so since then I've just been buying the girlie facial stuff. ...
My many female friends here in the city have been asking me about the stylish men wearing tote bags out and about. I dress up on a consistent basis, but I'd not use a tote bag unless it was cloth and for groceries. I think this is a trend that will remain only with gay men. None of my female friends think it's something a straight man should be carrying around. It seems a fairly strong and visible signifier of your demographic, akin to wearing women's jeans. (No, I'm...
There was a previous, looooong thread about this, maybe about 8 months ago or more. I recently started shaving with a basic disposable razor, making sure to soap up very well. As long as you have some lubricating suds, it's not too difficult. Oh, and relax. But it's worth it; you don't have to worry about the grime and dingleberries and "crap."
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad Worth it. It's one of those books where you just have to let go and let its flow carry you along. (re: Infinite Jest) Totally agree. Read the footnotes as you go along, you'll find yourself laughing aloud more than you have in a long time. Don't look at it as something to be finished, just enjoy every time you delve into it; at a certain point, you'll get so involved, you won't care whether it ends. ...