or Connect

Posts by The Ernesto

Cheers. They are Sanders on sale at the moment. What I really love are the single monks that are slightly swept back. But, of course, these feature more in the high end manufacturers which are out of my reach.
Is this your alter ego speaking?
Saw someone at work with single monks today. I've always loved single monks but have never thought I could pull it off (so to speak). Achievable? Acceptable? Possible? Or would I come off looking like some sort of egomaniac?
I know, I wasn't questioning what you said. Ego is a common genesis for positive social change, no doubt, but that is just ego.My question (again not disputing that ego can and does lead to good) is can an egomaniac (or someone with narcissistic personality disorder), by definition, have any sense of benevolence or the greater good?
He's awake!
Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.I tire of your ipsedixitism.
Yes, but don't you, by definition, cease to be an egomaniac if your motivation is a non-self serving benevolent legacy?Is there a clinical psychologist in the house?No doubt you don't get anywhere near a seat in Parliament without a hefty ego.
Yes, unless they are an egomaniac they won't get in.Or they could be put on an island (or in Chaddy) with their main rival and the one who makes it out wins.
Don't agree with this. It's semantics, and probably pedantry, but there is a nuance that's missing.I've met plenty of pollies over the years, most of the best have ego, drive and self belief, but also a selflessness and self awareness. Egomaniacs by definition lack self awareness, don't they?For some the ego is motivated by achieving change for a particular perceived general good.Not sure if this makes sense. SF psychobabble.