or Connect

Posts by unclesam099

You can easily remove the darts from your shirt. Just get it and use your seam ripper.
Go back thru the thread, someone got that jacket. I think that fabric was offered last time around, too.
Mike, quick question on fabric weights of the: Greycast Cocoa Wool/Cashmere Cream/Goldenrod Wool/Cashmere Tattersall Clay-Tobacco Large Houndstooth Sand with French Blue Windowpane Rust and Pale Blue Exploded Check Or, all of them if you've got time Trying to decide based upon what's in the closet now...
I'd recommend ordering at the same time to ensure that your fabrics are from the same dye lot. Otherwise, you risk having a trouser and a jacket that are just slightly off and will not match. While it's not common, it can be a concern.
As I do my own trouser hemming, you don't need 3x the length of fabric. I do the same inseam, so let's use 34 as an example. For a 2" cuff, you want 34" + 2" (inside of cuff) + 2" (outside/visible fabric of cuff) + 1" or less to finish the hem. Total of 39" or less max. I think that Brooks Brothers trousers ship with a 39" inseam (unfinished) and that's enough to do a 2" cuff with a 34" inseam. In fact my left leg is approx 1/4" to 3/8" longer (or I have a high hip),...
Mike and others - should I order a belt that's sized TTS or should I modify based upon my actual waist measure (36") ? I take my 36 Walts in approx .5" to .75". Thanks!!
-1I initially bought his reversible stud set and matching cufflinks. They didn't fit thru the buttonholes on my BB tux shirt - both the studs and the cufflinks were too large. The link between the front and back of the studs also came apart. My wife makes jewelry and was able to reattach them.I ended up returning them and buying a set from Paul Stuart. Call the NYC store, they have a nice sterling silver or gold w/onyx or w/pearl set, both round and oval.YMMV.(I did...
Jacket looks far too tight in the waist. Looks OK in the shoulders. Length looks OK. Pants still look like they're down too low. Fitz has pretty high rise. Photos still aren't great. Your posture is off, too, which makes the jacket wrinkle up quite badly. What is your height? I'm 6'3" and take a ~31" minimum on my jackets, prefer 31.5". Your specs may vary based on your height and ratio of torso to legs.
Refresh my memory - were the golden hopsack a wool trouser? I thought they were listed as linen???
Also looks like your pants are not pulled up high enough and there is too much break. But again, tough to tell due to the quality of the photos. How tall are you? What is your chest measurement? What is that suit size?