or Connect

Posts by unclesam099

Epaulet Rivet Chino, Galey & Lord Khaki Twill, size 36. I purchased these last year at this time. Worn once, washed once (cold, hung to dry), then they sat for a bit until I let out the seat about 1/2" to give a little more room. I haven't worn them after letting out the seat. I feel that they fit a lot slimmer than my other pairs of Rivets - more like a 35! Please be aware! You can let them out a little bit in the waist, but I think that the top block fits a bit...
I did a Navy Twill, 2 button, add vest, suspender buttons (no loops). Pretty psyched to get it. I noticed that the 10% off didn't apply to the vest and it only took off the stock number. Still a great deal for a 3pc VBC fabric suit. If I already had a navy suit, I would've been all over that Royal Blue Twill......
@Epaulet - Is the buttondown collar on the Gitman FF shirts shorter than usual? I'm somewhat disappointed with the point length on the 3 I just received, it looks tiny compared to others that I have.
I order mine w/o a box pleat thru my local tailor - that being said, you want your chest measurement to be a bit larger than usual (up to 1") to allow for more movement.I have the buttondown, medium spread, and fashion spread - I will get pics for you guys in the next day or two.
The collar lining on the buttondown was a little stiff (IMO) and I had been planning on unlined on future orders with my local shop. Will have to call for my order tomorrow!One last question - I got a "zero collar spacing" on my orders - would that carry over with using my name or would I have to specify?The cigar pocket could be removed easily if you didn't like it - it's (literally) a straight stitch up the 1/3 of the pocket that you could even add yourself if you have...
Mike, thanks for the (as usual) very detailed descriptions and information. The photos are fantastic and I really appreciate the effort to get something together that shows true colors so that something comes in as you expected.Two more things I thought of:- I order the same fit, but I order different collars, cuffs, etc depending on the fabric - I assume it would still be best to call and order by phone to iron out all of those details?- Individualized can do edge-stitch...
I have some experience with Individualized at a local tailor shop - if I reference my name, will they be able to find it w/o shop name? Also, for the collars - the stock BD collar is pretty tall w/long points. Nice roll. I think that I had ordered the "Como" collar on my dress shirts. It might have changed names to the "Fashion Spread" Collar. Even though it's 2-3/4", it seems to work pretty well. I have ordered the standard spread collar and it was not very wide...
If we're putting in requests, I want this shoe on the Hampton or Aberdeen, 360deg welt, Commando, will be the perfect Country Shoe for next fall: Or an Alt Wein in that same grained calf - Just like the Aberdeen Suede Alt Wein but in that Grained Calf...
+1 to the advice. Tapering legs is VERY easy. I can knock those out faster than I can a waistband.Most tailors are resistant to do what you want if it's "wrong". I took a FF Olive Cord jacket to be altered last night, and had sized down 1 - it is a little too tight. The first thing I said was that I wanted the neck roll removed and the sides let out. First thing the tailor says "that jacket is way too small" instead of "OK, let me mark it for you." That's a sign of...
Chocolate Factory is awesome - I have a pair from an earlier (S/S 2012?) run of Factory Finds. Nice, subdued. Very soft.