or Connect

Posts by unclesam099

You could always remove the back darts for more room around the midsection; or reduce them a bit if you know how to sew...
Mike - MTO Suiting question/curiousity - Could I order JUST a vest in one of the fabrics listed in the MTO section? That linen check might be kinda cool as a vest...
Epaulet Rivet Chino, Galey & Lord Khaki Twill, size 36. I purchased these last year at this time. Worn once, washed once (cold, hung to dry), then they sat for a bit until I let out the seat about 1/2" to give a little more room. I haven't worn them after letting out the seat. I feel that they fit a lot slimmer than my other pairs of Rivets - more like a 35! Please be aware! You can let them out a little bit in the waist, but I think that the top block fits a bit...
I did a Navy Twill, 2 button, add vest, suspender buttons (no loops). Pretty psyched to get it. I noticed that the 10% off didn't apply to the vest and it only took off the stock number. Still a great deal for a 3pc VBC fabric suit. If I already had a navy suit, I would've been all over that Royal Blue Twill......
@Epaulet - Is the buttondown collar on the Gitman FF shirts shorter than usual? I'm somewhat disappointed with the point length on the 3 I just received, it looks tiny compared to others that I have.
I order mine w/o a box pleat thru my local tailor - that being said, you want your chest measurement to be a bit larger than usual (up to 1") to allow for more movement.I have the buttondown, medium spread, and fashion spread - I will get pics for you guys in the next day or two.
The collar lining on the buttondown was a little stiff (IMO) and I had been planning on unlined on future orders with my local shop. Will have to call for my order tomorrow!One last question - I got a "zero collar spacing" on my orders - would that carry over with using my name or would I have to specify?The cigar pocket could be removed easily if you didn't like it - it's (literally) a straight stitch up the 1/3 of the pocket that you could even add yourself if you have...
Mike, thanks for the (as usual) very detailed descriptions and information. The photos are fantastic and I really appreciate the effort to get something together that shows true colors so that something comes in as you expected.Two more things I thought of:- I order the same fit, but I order different collars, cuffs, etc depending on the fabric - I assume it would still be best to call and order by phone to iron out all of those details?- Individualized can do edge-stitch...
I have some experience with Individualized at a local tailor shop - if I reference my name, will they be able to find it w/o shop name? Also, for the collars - the stock BD collar is pretty tall w/long points. Nice roll. I think that I had ordered the "Como" collar on my dress shirts. It might have changed names to the "Fashion Spread" Collar. Even though it's 2-3/4", it seems to work pretty well. I have ordered the standard spread collar and it was not very wide...
If we're putting in requests, I want this shoe on the Hampton or Aberdeen, 360deg welt, Commando, will be the perfect Country Shoe for next fall: Or an Alt Wein in that same grained calf - Just like the Aberdeen Suede Alt Wein but in that Grained Calf...