or Connect

Posts by Southlondongent

Quote: Originally Posted by Man-of-Mystery Like I say, old habits die hard. When I came South I had a collection of 45s on blue Stax and red Atlantic, plus some rarities on the Blue Beat label and the doctor Bird label - Tommy McCook and loads of ska. Tamla and 'Skinhead Reggae' mainly. Here's something I was saving for the book, but I'll post it here anyway. I hope other people will be able to make a description like this of their usual...
Quote: Originally Posted by loempiavreter @M-o-M, Brideshead That gets me wondering, why is it that a lot of the clubs you guys went to, barred you if you didn't dressed smart? Club owners asking such demands, even if it was the current "in" thing, still find it strange it was mandatory. So did you find any other kids there at the venue besides skinheads, who had to dress smart? It might surprise you but right up until the late 80's most...
Some interested stuff being posted here, I've had a lot on recently so just catching up. Lasttye, weren't any of the Willesden or Kilburn crews QPR supporters? It would seem more natural than Chesea (my family are from that area and thereabouts and are QPR!). Or was it that Chelsea had the harder Firm so they gravitated towards that because of the reputation (like you I suppose! )? Some interesting stuff about boots, braces, army greens being worn in '65. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by willpower Not an East Ender in the lot... Quote: Originally Posted by Sartorial1 Obviously you have never heard David Beckham talk. Did Beckham conduct part of the ceremony then?... Anyway he isn't a proper Cockney. His is more of a nasal Estuary whine...
Siouxsie and the Banshees 'Spellbound' IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lasttye . Present day Skinheads wear loud open neck Check shirts with their suits, Dont know how this came about, Is it a 79/80s thing ? Cravats are worn by some present day skinheads, I also never saw this in the 60s W London. Most skinheads on the present scene are 79/80s Skinheads, And i think the correct dress code is lost in time, Or maybe they dont want to dress like the Originals ?? Or its just evolved this...
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh He ought to go like this to please his constituents. Cate and William would approve. Cameron, not Manton that is. Though I would like to see a thread about bespoke Thawbs by Manton. Cameron is the Member of Parliament for Witney in West Oxfordshire. His 'constituents' are the residents of Witney. The demographics from the 2001 census for Witney are as follows: Total 2001 Population:...
Quote: Originally Posted by clee1982 Any updated on this list? I want to try Jeans in size 29 especially, turns out a lot harder to find them than I thought, even at retail... In my experience it has been near impossible to find 'odd' sized jeans in London. Quote: Originally Posted by ManofKent Albam in Beak St do 28 and 29 waist in three different cuts. I liked the quality, and they'll sort out the hemming for you for a...
btw no prizes for guessing by whom/ for which song 'Trip to your Heart' was sampled! Chi Lites '(For God's Sake)Give More Power To The People' IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube...
Quote: Originally Posted by David Watts ^^^ Detroit Cobras did an excellent cover of that one. The original remains superior, however. ...and covered superbly by Brit Mod/soul band The Action which the DC's version owes a lot too IMO. And funnily enough the DC's also covered Mickey Lee-Lane's 'Hey Sah-Lo-Ney' (as 'Hey Sailor') which was also covered by The Action... Quote: Originally Posted by David Watts Sly & The...