or Connect

Posts by Kid Nickels

^ well it's missing the proper preparation … it's like anything prepared incorrectly will not be good. No offense Roycru but you (well apologies I) can tell that is a bullshit version of chicken/rice just by looking at it … it's not a flavor bomb type of dish anyway but that looks like a pizza made from ketchup and cardboard. Yikes… sorry you got a crappy meal.
Kinda sorta … depends on what you mean by "design" and only within the US under Title 17 of enumerated categories.
^ Nice. That is 鹹酥雞 (XianSuJi … salty crisp chicken, sort of). The Taiwanese are famous for little carts full of stuff that can be deep fried. Not particularly healthy but super delicious. and good choice with the bag… it ALWAYS comes in a bag!
Is good? I loved the "old LA" aspects of Ask the Dust.Finished a couple quick reads lately … many others since I've been checked out a while.
Kiriko is probably the best on that strip. Of course there's Sugarfish right up the street in Brentwood… went there tonight.We've always called this the "cheap sushi" place … but bang-for-the-buck? Yeah I could name a dozen places with the same food and at least twice the price. Unfortunately the one on the corner of SaMo and Sawtelle was closed for renovations last week… and they never did get that Asahi on draught working.Down the block (west on SaMo) on Colby is En...
It's been a while … I haven't been around recently.His level of intoxication is relevant to the number of times I say "wtf u talkin' 'bout Willis?"Okay.. that's one.
Well I never met a cookie or ice cream I didn't like when high/drunk as fuck standing in line at DR!Went to Cerveteca DTLA… nice joint for happy hour drinks and snacks.Also checked out the Hauser Wirth & Schimmel gallery as well as Artbook in the "new" arts district.Went over to Guerrilla Atelier and hung out with Carl Louisville for a bit… he's an LA fashionista icon and a purveyor of cool shit downtown.Default assumption for basically any new restaurant in town
Ya the one that didn't even happen until pant load Windhorst lobbies LeDoosh after the game? Please….What a fucking jokeHow high could you possibly be? It's not even a consideration.
Most LA ice cream is over-rated… and WAY overpriced in my experience. Salt & Straw is a joke, Sweet Rose is okay, Beachy Cream in SaMo also just okay, Mashti Malone's has pretty interesting flavors and decent texture but again pretty pricey for the product. I get the feeling most of the shops around here are like Mast Bros. chocolate … sell a mediocre product at a luxury price to uninformed/careless consumers. McConnell's has to be the biggest joke in this department at...
Last week I ran into Coach Steve Alford (UCLA basketball) and then about 30 minutes later Coach Jim Mora (UCLA football) …. sure I was on campus, but I didn't expect to meet them both in the span of 30 minutes. On Wednesday night I ran into Mario van Peebles at Ralph's … apparently in the midst of a pre-Cinco de Mayo hot sauce emergency. "Excuse me where's the hot sauce? Sir, I need some hot sauce, where can I find the hot sauce?!" LOL … look it's MvP. He was very chill...