or Connect

Posts by Tweedy

Thats a very nice selection of tweeds
Yes it is a real shame, we currently have over 300 different Harris Tweed wool jackets and the wonderful variety still amazes me : )
Vintage mens fancy patterned velvet jacket, grey cotton velvet with bold check pattern. Single breasted, 3 button velvet jacket with notched lapels, flap pockets and single back vent, 36S fit .... £59. Lots more superb mens velvet jackets on website! Worldwide Shipping
Tweed is a rough, unfinished woollen fabric, of a soft, open, flexible texture, resembling cheviot or homespun, but more closely woven. It is made in either plain or twill weave and may have a check or herringbone pattern. Subdued, interesting colour effects (heather mixtures) are obtained by twisting together differently coloured woolen strands into a two- or three-ply yarn.
Very interesting read Don, thank you for sharing
Some great tweed garments already I guess I should add a link to my SF thread that has 300 images of some superb Harris Tweed cloths made through the years.
Just a quick note, there are now 4 parts to the Harris Tweed fabric pattern image reference collection. I have added the links to each one to make them easier to find. There are over 300 images of different Harris Tweed fabrics in total and I shall be adding many more very soon. Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4
Mens vintage loud check Magee wool tweed jacket with slant pockets, slim fitting 40S . 100's more fantastic mens tweed jackets on website, also lots more fabulous gentlemans classic & vintage clothing !! Worldwide Shipping
I think you may have misunderstood :I am not boasting, I do not sell Harris Tweed fabric and I have never claimed to do so I am choosing to share a collection of images I have taken some of the fantastic Harris Tweed fabrics that I deal with. As I sell so many heritage / vintage Harris Tweed jackets I am in a priveleged position as so many of the cloths are no longer produced, I wish to share that with others who are intersted in this wonderful cloth, my choice
All the fabrics photographed are from Harris Tweed jackets that we either have for sale or have sold on the website : )