or Connect

Posts by Tweedy

A few more Harris Tweed cloth images from my blog... : )
Pre 1980's Harris Tweed tended to be much heavier & courser, from 1980's onwards many of the tweeds became alot lighter and softer. A 1960's / 70's Harris Tweed jacket will often say "Lightweight" on the label, but actually by todays terms would be considered quite a heavy weight Harris Tweed
Although I would not strictly call these tweed, they are similar to the fancy woven welsh tweeds. Most of these however are french vintage suits, they did some amazing fancy wool weaves : )
Mens Harris Tweed car coat with buttoned back side vents, earthy toned check tweed with brown leather buttons. 3/4 length tweed car coat with 3 button closure, buttoned side vents to back and slant hand pockets to hips. Quilted lining to top half and green flecked tweed lining to bottom half, a winter warmer!! ... size 46 Lots of other great tweed overcoats & Harris Tweed jackets just added !!
Harris Tweed overcoat mens XL / 48 - 50 @ £129 ... Lots more mens Harris Tweed winter overcoats about to arrive on website. Worldwide Shipping
Just a couple of the 100's of Harris Tweed images from my blog ...
Thats a very nice selection of tweeds
Yes it is a real shame, we currently have over 300 different Harris Tweed wool jackets and the wonderful variety still amazes me : )
Vintage mens fancy patterned velvet jacket, grey cotton velvet with bold check pattern. Single breasted, 3 button velvet jacket with notched lapels, flap pockets and single back vent, 36S fit .... £59. Lots more superb mens velvet jackets on website! Worldwide Shipping
Tweed is a rough, unfinished woollen fabric, of a soft, open, flexible texture, resembling cheviot or homespun, but more closely woven. It is made in either plain or twill weave and may have a check or herringbone pattern. Subdued, interesting colour effects (heather mixtures) are obtained by twisting together differently coloured woolen strands into a two- or three-ply yarn.