or Connect

Posts by The PM

Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman Sleeves on the Large are way too short. He'd have to get the Xl and have it taken in around the body and still let out on the sleeves a half inch. As BrianVarick mentioned if they make a Medium Long/Tall that would probably be your best bet. So I guess if I get my hands on a Medium or Large Tall coat, I`ll be set. Quote: Originally Posted by nolan50410 Check out Jcrew or Polo. Both...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster Finally we'll fill that gap between BR and BB. BR= Banana Republic BB=? If someone could fill in that blank, how do your 3 match up? Ex. Old Navy = Cheap Stuff, Low Quality, Good for Kids Cloths (Not Outerwear) GAP = Better Quality, Down Filled Jackets, Better Style BR = High Quality Work Wear, Greater Style of the 3
Good stuff posted. I called BR and asked them for a tall version of the peacoat. Apparently only the US online store has it (Canadian here). He advised me that my coats are not going to work out and to ship them back for a refund. If Canada gets a tall peacoat in the next 45 days, the will price match the 40% off or I should get a family member in the state to get it for me. I will probably just try the steps posted above of going to the mall checking and checking out new...
Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman Sleeves on the Large are way too short. He'd have to get the Xl and have it taken in around the body and still let out on the sleeves a half inch. As BrianVarick mentioned if they make a Medium Long/Tall that would probably be your best bet. I'm definitely sure that BR doesn't have a Long/Tall version. Argh...I don't even know were to start about asking to make those adjustment, let alone the price of...
Quote: Originally Posted by texas_jack both have sleeves that are too short so it doesn't matter Oh wow...thanks for clearing that up
I'll check that out if it's possible. So does anyone think that the Large is as slim of a fit I can get for a pea coat anywhere? I guess I'll take me "slim fit" obsession somewhere else (suits )
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow None fit you well. Accept it and move on to a different brand. Oh man...but the 40% off deal was so good! If it's not worth my time or money to make this work, where else can I find a really slim fitting pea coat?
Quote: Originally Posted by slycedbred both are too big Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman Buy XL, have it tailored to fit. I'm getting conflicting messages. Oh well...I'm sure we can come to a good consensus Slim & Tall doesn't equal big and tall in my experience.
Quote: Originally Posted by bluemagic Resize your pictures. You can do it on Photobucket's edit function. I'm using IMGUR.com so give me some time or alert a mod. EDIT: Done Your welcome.
Quote: Originally Posted by alliswell Are you planning to wear another layer underneath? If so, put that layer on and re-shoot the L shots. If not, return everything, as the shoulders are too big for you on every coat. At a guess, you're a 40" chest and you're 6'2". Thanks for the response. Wearing layers? Most likely yes since I getting for winter wear. I took this @ the store and now I have in my possession the Ex. Large grey one with 60...