or Connect

Posts by The PM

I can't seem to find great fitting sunglasses for my long face or a great hat that goes with my large forehead. I have a normal narrow & pointed nose if that helps. Any suggestions Thanks!
There's a 40% off sale at Banana Republic Canada sweaters from 11-2pm. I'm thinking of passing up on the deal; not enough savings for their inflated price + I don't think their fit will look good on my 6"5' frame. I'm still waiting till the first Jcrew shop opens in Toronto for tall apparel. Is this a good choice? Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by ktrp ...Banana Republic/Gap do not carry tall in Canada, even on their website. If you're over a 34" inseam, things are ugly... My jeans are 34x36 and when I sit down, both my entire socks are visible (I thinks thats normal though). Quote: Originally Posted by ktrp ...Saying 'where can I get staples' is pretty vague. What are you looking to buy? Where I'll get the basics. Shirts...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bill Smith KW? I guess you're in witness protection. There are a couple of options for you, namely drive to Toronto for the day, Cottonwork, Just White Shirts and Speir and MacKay for shirts, Banana Republic and the Gap have a Canadian portal now, so no duties and shopping in Canadian dollars. So is JCrew for sure coming to Canada in 2011? Edit[ Just had a look at their site blog, it looks like they are setting up a store in...
Quote: Originally Posted by asdf I use cottonwork (affiliate at the top of the page here) with great results. Shirts run in the 80-110 dollar range after shipping and duty. Some more tips: The B&S forum is also your friend; ebay is a a friend and enemy. Basically all the affiliates are good, check what they have to offer. There are a few affiliates in the SW&D forum that are Canadian. I'll check cottonwork selection. Buy and sell is usually...
Quote: Originally Posted by johnH123 You're in the KW area? Phhh...good luck. Like I said, online shopping. It's trial and error at first and most stores that offer free return shipping can't do it for Canada. But once you nail the sizing with whatever online shops you like then you're good to go. It can be a crap shoot but a couple bucks here or there in shipping is worth it in the long run...at least until J Crew comes to town next...
Quote: Originally Posted by 3orangewhips He's in Canada! Hell yeah I am. Good I cleared it up for everyone
Quote: Originally Posted by asdf 1) learn your measurements/sizes and order online 2) Find decent men's stores* 3) Order MTM shirts online 4) Use mall stores sparsely (Jcrew, BR, etc) 5) ... 6) Profit *Where are you located? Around the KW area. So what site (Canadian maybe) is for good MTM shirts? Honestly, I still don't know how to do measurements (link on how to do that well?). I read that places like Tip Top Tailor and Stars screw...
Quote: Originally Posted by johnH123 Ordering online is your only hope. See...the issue is that pictures lie (colour being darker or whatever), size charts aren't equal everywhere and it's a hassle to return stuff. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong...
University student here looking for some good wardrobe staples. My first one is gonna a tall/long pea coat from J Crew (coming to Canada in 2011). Since I'm from the Great White North, a few of the US and international brands aren't here. Where can a tall guy like myself find good clothing?* My mall has RW & CO and MEXX so I might go to Toronto and suburbs to get what's good. *not big and tall...seriousy nothing fits me there and I'm a 6' 5" and skinny (should...