or Connect

Posts by axroox

Thanks, Aldenwear -- I actually have the Leffot version of that shoe and love them. I'll definitely check out Carmina as you suggest.
Thanks -- I thought the same thing, but snuff ptb's on double leather or double waterlock have been elusive. Lots and lots of single/flex soles out there, but no doubles. I've hit all of the usual suspects, including Shoemart, Citishoes, Alden Madison, Moulded Shoe, Alden SF, Alden of Carmel, Leffot, Leather Soul, J Crew, etc. with no luck. If anyone knows of a specific retailer that has these, I'd very much appreciate it.
Does anyone know of a stockist who regularly carries a snuff PTB on a double leather or double waterlock sole?
This is always subjective, but I'll add my two cents since I have similar dimensions - I'm 5'8", about 172, 41 chest, 33 waist. I went with a small Stockholm after first trying on a medium that was a bit too roomy for me. The cut is modern and slim, but not aggressively so. I typically wear an undershirt, a button down, and some kind of light sweater underneath. I like my stuff to look tailored, but never tight -- I'm hyper-sensitive to looking like a stuffed-sausage...
I'm a 9.5e in Barrie and the 42 tanino lows fit perfectly.
I have this and the blackwatch -- my mediums fit more or less true to size.
I always thought this was a Hawaiian custom -- a sign of respect reserved for members of the extended "family". Not remotely creepy to me -- friendly and respectful, like Mac.
My first Alden shoes were black shell lwb. Within a few weeks of that purchase, I picked up a pair of #8 lwb's. You really can't go wrong with either -- both are classic staple items, and with minimal care you will enjoy them for many years to come. Personally, I would give a slight edge to #8 over black-- as others have noted, it is a beautiful, rich color that is extremely versatile. Whatever you do, make sure that you are fit properly.
I'm in for the Kathy/Alden DC plan -- many thanks, CTYGG!
I also had a good experience with my recent NRO "USA" sale order. They shipped my Color 8 Indy's the same day, and I received them in NYC less than 24 hours later. For $461.25, I'm a very happy camper.