or Connect

Posts by DC_JD

I have a pair of Alden cordovan shell wingtips balmorals size 10D purchased at Brooks Brothers in Chevy Chase, MD. They seem to be Plaza last. I bought these before I quite figured out my ideal Alden sizing. It's a shame because they are beautiful shoes. I had sunken toe plates put into them by Sky Valet in Washington, DC. I probably wore them 3 times and they've been in my closet for 2+ years. I just wiped them down, brushed and buffed them. There's a very minor scuff...
I received an email yesterday indicating that Alden prices are about to go up $20-$40 per pair. I apologize if this was addressed upthread, but it's the first I heard of it. The increase will be effective at the end of the month.
Received a pair of CXL Wingtips purchased over on B&S. They were supposed to be only worn a few times, and have just a couple of scuff marks (which were documented and photographed). But what I wasn't expecting was this wrinkled mess on the outside of the left shoe. Anyone know if this is fixable? By comparison, here's the outside of the right boot: Otherwise a nice pair of boots, but none of my other CXL boots have wrinkled like this, so I'm concerned that these...
EDIT: Meant to post this in the official Alden thread!! Sorry for posting as a new thread. Received a pair of CXL Wingtips purchased over on B&S. They were supposed to be only worn a few times, and have just a couple of scuff marks (which were documented and photographed). But what I wasn't expecting was this wrinkled mess on the outside of the left shoe. Anyone know if this is fixable? By comparison, here's the outside of the right boot: Otherwise a nice pair...
Still not working, and I have two different corporate membership logins. This is beyond frustrating.
I think this is unfair. Rancourt has been getting a lot of attention in a hurry it seems, but that's because their work product is excellent. I imagine that business has been increasing quite a bit, and the impact of an increase in business in a small operation is more acute than when a large operation sees an uptick in orders.
Just got one of Rancourt's brown chromexcel belts. Really well made. Goes great with brown chromexcel indy boots.
Ordered a pair of captoe boots with commando soles in the Grant last, Color 8. They'll take a few months, but they look fantastic.
I want to put in a plug for the incredibly thorough service I received yesterday at Alden DC. Kathy spent quite a while with me figuring out my perfect sizes on a variety of lasts. Having purchased 3 pairs of Aldens, none of which ever fit "just right," I finally feel like I have my sizing figured out. I walked out with one pair in hand and another pair on special order. I cannot tell you what a great feeling it is to know that I've got the shoes that fit my feet well....
Has anyone purchased a Brioni suit on gilt? Is this a "made-for-Gilt" product, or normal Brioni? They have one today: http://www.gilt.com/sale/men/suits-u...oduct/56836961 Thoughts? I have it in my cart.