or Connect

Posts by mackmittonz

Seems like Meermin's customer service leaves a little something to be desired...Really disappointing. For the record I have 4 pairs of Carminas and none of them squeak.
I purchased a pair of the Meermin Linea Maestro double monks and although I really like how they look and fit, there's an annoying squeak every time I take a step with my right foot. I emailed the Meermin contact email but so far no one has responded. I even included a link to a video of the shoe squeaking as I moved my foot which I figured would've sparked some form of response. It's been a couple days so maybe they're busy but I would think Meermin would want to rectify...
Thanks! Looks like they don't offer it anymore. Do you know of any other similar straps?
I emailed the analogshift guys but haven't heard back from them. Does anyone know who makes the strap on this speedy?
Can anyone recommend an appraiser in the DC / MD area for insurance purposes? I inherited a 16200 Datejust and 16610lv that need to be insured. Please PM me if it's against forum rules to post names of appraisers. I'm really excited that my collection is taking shape but want to make sure I'm protected! Btw - a local jewelry store (Liljenquist and Beckstead) quoted ~$100 to appraise each piece. Is that a reasonable price? I have a few other watches I may want appraised as...
Makes sense. Anyone know of an indy shop good with servicing either PP or AP? I know general costs for things like JLC are in the $1K range and I've heard astronomical costs for servicing on vintage Pateks but I think those were high due to the complications. These are pretty basic movements so would $1K be a fair assumption on service cost?
This response and the others thus far are exactly why I posted my question here. The info is extremely helpful and is not some sort of fanboy based drivel. I think I'm leaning toward the AP given the information on the movement. I would love to own a Patek but I thought the movement looked pretty pedestrian as well. I'm not own to just buy something based on the brand typically so I'll wait and grab another Patek when the opportunity arises.As for the concerns about size,...
Some of the watches on here are unreal! I could really use some help here...I'm really torn between a couple vintage watches I like for an elegant dress watch. I don't have much experience evaluating the value of vintage watches so I was hoping someone might be able to help here. I have a brown strap steel dress watch and some more sport oriented pieces so this type of watch would round out a hole in my collection nicely. I'm looking for a simple clean (but not Baohaus...
My friend loves the A7 and was asking me if there were any other cars to consider. Does anyone have any thoughts on what other cars to consider in that price range and whether it's worth the extra money for the S7? He usually buys cars and keeps them for a while if that matters. One car we did look at together (read: looked at reviews online) was the 6 series gran coupe but it's really not as striking a car to both from a performance (have to compare the 640 to the A7...
Were you unable to find a dealer who had it in stock? I though they were really rare as well but I found that there were a good number of ADs. I guess you might be suffering the wait to maintain a relationship with a good dealer...