or Connect

Posts by Maximus Rex

So I find that increasingly, though in the past I have eschewed buying for buying's sake, and definitely understand the value of a hard day's work, over the past decade and a half I see that my appetite for fine clothes and shoes has increased, and my disappointment for things ruined by the unruly spilled cocktail or careless damsel has waned... Has it for YOU, my peers? Do you agree?: My thought is: If a girl spills a glass of bordeaux on my EG suede bals or my...
Quote: Originally Posted by EBugatti PSA: Ok folks, in case anyone is still having trouble: (to put an end to this teenage girl nostalgia) Like many very prolific posters who have an obvious passion for the subject matter, Vox jumped on styleforum and made it his own with interesting commentary and the depiction of his ample, high-end, highly customized wardrobe. However, after a few years of this, as people's interest in anything ebbs and flows...
Does anyone know if this item is still for sale? Didn't see any classic trenches at all on Burberry's website.
Fake. Neapolitan tailors have been putting their tags on the bottom fold of the ties for years now, not near the keeper. (See Marinella, et al.)
Quote: Originally Posted by in stitches now i wonder how this thread got revived? Gee Sherlock... maybe because I posted in it???
John Lobb shoe polish is MARKETING!!! +1000 for Kiwi.
Quote: Originally Posted by EBugatti I would say that on average, Italian men are among the best dressed men in the world. ON AVERAGE. There are clearly exceptions everywhere. This seems to be a prevailing view even on this forum (see here): http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?p=2759915 French women were deemed the best dressed on average by forumites. +1 Def. agree.
Great poll. I wonder what city is the most formal (not necessarily best dressed, but most "dressed up")?
How about "Tiffany's box"-colored blue tie? I always like that with grey flannel & white. Otherwise, get yourself a blue gingham check or houndstooth shirt and a light grey cashmere tie.
Quote: Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH I feel that that can be said about a lot of girls. Girls generally wear terrible shoes. +1. You really appreciate the ones that have great shoes. They're rare.