or Connect

Posts by Cotillion

Quote: Originally Posted by EZETHATSME ^ What's your favorite Pynchon, Cotillion? EZ At the moment its Against the Day because I am in the middle of reading it and need to find time to finish it. =)
Fyodor Dostoevsky Franz Kafka Hermann Hesse Thomas Pynchon Neal Stephenson
Bagels. NYC bagels are best in the world. The water boils the best flavor in some weird mystical way.
Quote: Originally Posted by ConcernedParent Quick note: UCLA and Berkeley are really the same in terms of admission requirements... Berkeley's historic prestige and far stronger grad departments are what I assume give it the edge outside of Cali? One thing to keep in mind about transferring to either UCLA or Berkeley from a 4 yr university is that transfer priority is given to community college transfer students over students at other 4...
I should add that I just discovered a minor stain on the Kiton jacket pictured below and I will have to take it to dry cleaners to see if it will come out:
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataku Size? It is tagged at '60' which I am assuming is European. It feels like maybe 44-46 but I am not an expert on that. Quote: Originally Posted by rayxlui Can I call dibs if it's 38-40R Sorry but 40 is also my size
A great limited day at the thrifts. I stopped by a local shop I had not seen before and started rummaging around as I realized I forgot my wallet, would have to drive home and only had $15 on me. The prices seemed a bit odd, $30 for a used Haggar suit?!?!? Really? About to give up I spot another rack of sports coats and to my amazed I find a Kiton sports coat in what looks like good condition. I pay only $12 for it and get home and see that it is too large for me. Ugh.
I always take off my overcoats before driving precisely because of what you describe or any number of other mistakes that can happen while driving.
As people mentioned the larger/lower armholes are to "fit" a greater number of body types using the same pattern. Its a result of how the retail RTW/OTR clothing industry functions. If you decide to spend a little more and go the Made to Measure route you might want to check out Matt Deckard Apparel since you specifically are looking for high armholes and I know that high armholes is one of Deckard's main things: http://www.mattdeckard.com/
"You buy furniture. You tell yourself this is the last sofa I will ever need in my life. Buy the sofa, then for a couple of years you're satisfied that no matter what goes wrong, at least you've got your sofa issue handled. Then the right set of dishes. Then the perfect bed. The drapes. The rug. Then you're trapped in your lovely nest, and the things you used to own, now they own you." -C.P.