or Connect

Posts by Cotillion

Quote: Originally Posted by XeF4 I don't do drugs Then why would you go to Burning Man?
"what is work? Work is of two kinds: first, altering the position of matter at or near the earth's surface relatively to other such matter; second, telling other people to do so. The first kind is unpleasant and ill paid; the second is pleasant and highly paid. The second kind is capable of indefinite extension: there are not only those who give orders, but those who give advice as to what orders should be given. Usually two opposite kinds of advice are given...
I like Macallan myself.
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson I was told by one prominent San Francisco SF'er that the cafe is reserved for "pussies who can't handle being told what to eat" at the tasting menu downstairs. The cafe is a better deal than CP itself. Personally CP is not my favorite Berkeley/Oakland restaurant.
I can relate to many of the comments in this thread. I had heard bad things about Ebay's rules changes in 2008 when some friends told me to never sell on Ebay again. Those rules changed Ebay from being relatively easily for dishonest sellers to hustle buyers (which was a problem) to being heavily weighted to give dishonest buyers the ability to easily hustle honest sellers (which has since become a big problem). Needless to say last year I ignored advice I put up...
I found a few small things today while out. A John Varvatos sports shirt with two pockets (looks a little Westerny without being too western). Two nice wool sweater vests one of which was a nice brown Orvis the other a grey older looking vintage Robert Bruce. Finally a real country style looking wool Samuelsohn sport coat. Good for vintage look. Should be getting camera back soon to post pics.
Quote: Originally Posted by Magician I'm not a nerd but I saw the preview and it made it seem really cool. could def go for some swords and unicorns and shit. The ending for the pilot episode will be way better than unicorns
Quote: Originally Posted by NorCal If you can drop any F grades do so even if it costs you money. You'll be retaking those classes anyway. If you got some D grades, that is a little harder as D grades give credit but drag down your GPA. Depending on your University you can re-take D's and get the grade replaced. C's are really the worst long term for GPAs not like it matters for many though..
Excited about this series. Game of Thrones are amazing novels, probably some of the only 'fantasy' that I could totally get into. I was surprised how well the casting was done. Roles like Tyrion and the Stark kids look well casted. Daeny is the role that most fans seem suspicious of but really she is probably one of the more difficult roles to cast in the series considering her development and the limited skills of most contemporary Hollywood actresses. I am inclined to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim By the way, saying that NOBODY cares about soccer in the US is a bunch of BS. Indeed. Pubs in San Francisco and Los Angeles were packed at 4am and 7am this summer (by Americans not just ex-pat Brits and Germans) to watch the games. I am sure other cities on the eastern seaboard or great lakes were the same. Quote: Originally Posted by embowafa When you say that I pretend like MLS is the...