or Connect

Posts by Cotillion

Quote: Originally Posted by foodguy without getting too defensive, or at least trying not to, so what you're saying is that the la times really sucks until you read other newspapers? other than the nyt, which in particular do you follow? no question we aren't where we were in the 1990s ... but i don't think there are many papers that are. it's been a tough decade-and-a-half for the industry as a whole. Quote: Originally Posted...
Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan Can someone please explain to an American the romanticism of John F. Kennedy'. He has an aircraft carrier named after him and an airport in New York City and probably countless other things named after him. He is also regularly referred to by Barack Obama. I understand he was a Democrat so I would be interested in hearing both from all sides and parties from the political spectrum. In some ways this...
Reagan deserves credit (or maybe more accurate the Reagan Administration) for helping bring about the end of the Cold War. Yes, I fully acknowledge that Gorbechev deserves a lot of credit for glasnost and perestroika but its not like Reagan did nothing and its not like Reagan's strategic choices were meaningless. SDSI was the biggest part of why from a strategic point of view that the Soviet Union collapsed when they did. Here is why SDSI was important: SDSI changed...
Quote: Originally Posted by WSW When is the next book in the series coming out? It's becoming WOTesque how long it's taking between new books. George RR martin declared that July 12, 2011 for sure Dance of Dragons was coming out. Very excited about this series. Should be excellent <3 Emilia Clarke
Hah this is great. If that skinny little dweeb had been picking on the heavyset kid, the skinny little dweeb deserved getting his @ss slammed to the ground.
NY Times and WSJ and online Haaretz And while not newspapers, the Atlantic Monthly and Foreign Affairs are the best print journalism IMO Quote: Originally Posted by esquire. LATimes is still pretty good, but its stumbled over the last years- they lost a lot of talent moving on to other places. I like their page 1 stories, good food section with farmer market reports by David Karp, art section geared more towards TV and movies. Their sports section is...
Florida-butler has been pretty entertaining. Really hoping Arizona can beat UConn. I was lobbying my friend who is going to the game to root for 'Zona
Quote: Originally Posted by venessian Yeah, same here...these 2 are just ridiculous compared to yesterday. I hope OSU-UK is close. I suppose VCU-FSU will be. Agree with you both, these games have gotten out of hand. Not nearly as interesting as yesterday. Hopefully the later two will provide some entertaining basketball.
Quote: Originally Posted by Yamas How can you wear one of these and maintain the classy look? By being classy. Check out Fedora Lounge for some examples.
And day 2 of Sweet 16... Hope Marquette can comeback from small deficit and make this a good game and maybe, somehow pull out the victory over UNC I dont have confidence in Richmond beating Kansas at all.