or Connect

Posts by bigbucky

QFTThe only thing I would say is sometimes a thicker sole feels uncomfortable because it takes longer to break in. Some of those thin-soled almost slipper-like shoes are the most comfortableI think this is similar to the whole barefoot/minimalist running movement. Sometimes barefoot is the most comfortable. The arch of your foot is a natural shock absorber. Running barefoot automatically forces you to avoid a heel strike and walk more on the forefoot with less force.
thanks guys, that helps
PCATee
Tried looking through a bunch of old posts but mostly long range shots. What kind of buttons do they use for suits? Wood, bone, plastic? Do you have to request one? Is there hand stitching on jacket and pants? Is that extra? What brand RTW suit would you compare it to in terms of the details (not fit or fabric). I'm sure this has been discussed before but can't find specific info.
Do Italians even work in Italian factories? I thought it was all immigrant labor anyways. Also, manufacturing clothes is a skill that is transferable not genetic. You can teach a Chinese laborer how to sew to a certain standard just as well as an Italian. Didn't anyone see Gomorra?
Great ties Ed but you gotta close down that aperture on your pics. You can only see one or two dots on the pattern. Artistic but you can't really see the ties.
It would help if you buttoned it unless you plan on wearing it like that. All the shoulders look too big to me, but I'm sure others will know more.
Sounds like this was a fun interview. I look forward to the Panta exposé.
I tried grey undershirts so they wouldn't show as much under a white shirt but I found they were just as obvious. May depend on your skin color. I went back to white. It only matters when you take off your jacket anyways.
I would suggest not using that fabric for your first bespoke suit. It can take a few tries to get a fit you are completely happy with and it sounds like you are still unsure about pretty important details (armholes, vents). I would start with a simple navy or grey suit which is more versatile than the unusual fabric you are describing.