or Connect

Posts by bigbucky

Arid smell? Really? Ok, whatever. But if you burn plastic it gives off an acrid smell
Hipsters only wear LV ironically.
Nothing like some Nazi paraphernalia for adding that touch of sprezz to an outfit. On an unrelated note, does anyone know where I can find some Tuskegee experiment tie clips?
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 I burn a portion of the shirt. Polyester, being man-made, will give off an arid smell. You mean acrid
That is amazing. Sewing or knitting is something I could imagine trying at some point. Shoemaking is so beyond my imagination. Who would think there were amateur cobblers?
Quote: Originally Posted by bleachboy For some reason, this thread is making me feel angry. anyone responding seriously to OP is just an enabler
I would also rec Isaia or Zegna which you should be able to get on sale for around $1000. In all honesty I have to agree that Holdfast has been the most help to you so far. If you want to buy a Boss or Armani your free to do so but you are not going to get much information from this forum. Look through some of the threads already posted on this topic first.
From now on all of Foo's posts shall be read in that voice.
I'm getting confused about all the different Levis. I've heard the 501 STF are good for a cheap pair. Are they raw? Are the 514 rigids the same denim? Do they not come in a STF? How are they different from the matchsticks? These say they are selvedge so does that mean the STF are not? And where do the LVC fit into all of this?
Quote: Originally Posted by F. Corbera For example, there seems to be an orthodoxy growing about very soporific (a.k.a., "classic") neckties. At least to my eye, they are being worn increasingly here in ways that seem to show little insight into how a subdued tie might work best. An interesting experiment would be for a few influential posters to collude on starting a new trend. The SF "rules" are in some ways a byproduct of the incestuous...