or Connect

Posts by parallelogram

Hey buddy, just sent you a PM!
Hello Everyone, I have two jeans that I bought online in the wrong sizes. I really like these jeans and am interested in making a trade for a size smaller in both these jeans. Both are brand new, unworn, but the tags have been removed. I still have the tags if you are interested. Nudie Grim Tim Recycle Dry Navy W32/L34 Looking for a W31/L34 in these. Big Bengt Dry Heavy W30/L34 Looking for a W29/L34 in these. If anyone is interested, please get back to me. best...
Hello Guys, Sorry for repeating a thread topic, but the previous thread is a dead one from Feb 2010. I was about to purchase a pair of Raw HL jeans, but I cannot figure out which size to buy in the Raw Selvedge option. I wear a size 30 in HL. I do plan on cold or warm soaking the jeans prior to wear to remove some of the stiffness. From the previous thread I gathered that they shrank about 1/2" in the waist, while another member posted that his jeans stretched out...
Thanks for the post Crane. I read something similar to what you had mentioned in the Nudie booklet. Anyhow, the salt water wash did not work. The jeans are not totalled, but cannot be worn formally anymore. Prior to my first wash I ran out of Woolite, and decided to use normal soap instead. I guess next time I will be more patient, and less trigger happy. A great thanks to all those who have posted positive and helpful remarks. best rgrds, parallel..
Yes entrero, you are correct. I just changed the thread title. thanks for the tip. the jeans are still drying, therefore i can't post any pics. posting pics in opinion would be slightly useless as the fades aren't extremely obvious, and it would be difficult to get an exact colour representation of them in a photograph. but i would say that certain areas are no longer 'dark blue' and have become 'lighter blue' - as in certain chunks or patches and streaks, and that...
Hey mellow, thanks for the response. Yes, they are 100% cotton. Is there a way to restore the colour, or even out the dye out across the pants. I was reading on Oki-ni that to even out the dye one should wash the jeans with a little bit of salt in the water: "If your jeans are heavily pigmented dry or raw denim, washing cold with salt for the first cycle should help to set any loose dye in the fabric." ---- does this actually work? I had acquired these jeans for formal...
unbelievable! please read the post correctly. It is not about "narcissism" or "washing the denim early". The question was regarding un-even dye leeching and marbling effects occurring due to incorrectly washing a pair of very nice jeans. The OP was asking how to rectify the error he had made, or possibly reduce its negative effects. Wow. Maybe people need to reflect on the level of arrogance they are operating at. sheesh!
Hey MSSneaker, thanks for the reply. I will take a look at the soap residue, but I can definitely see uneven dye leeching. I had worn these jeans literally 3 times, before I had decided to wash them due to their stiffness. Personally I don't care about whiskers and the broken-in effect ,etc. I looked at my other HL jeans, the tags on all of them say Dry Clean Only. Oh well... Sorry for starting another thread, I was suffering from a state of panic and grief. To all the...
I reposted in the Streetwear and Denim section. Please delete this thread. thanks for the tip.
Hello Guys, I made a big error. I have a new pair of Raw indigo Helmut Lang jeans which were too stiff and I thought if I washed them they would get softer. I washed them in cold water, and set them up for hang dry. I decided to take a look a them and found out that the colour had faded or become lighter unevenly in some places?!?! I looked at the washing instructions (after washing them, doh!), it said Do Not Wash!! What do you denim aficionados suggest I do? I...