or Connect

Posts by asobu

^exactly - 自分が売り物のようだ - which is why I thought maybe it ties in somewhat with what catastophes mentioned about yagou being more natural to use instead of his own name, etc. It's funny becuase I think that jacket caused some confusion for the audience - perhaps about the future of the brand in some cases - when in actuality it's just a typical yohji "inside" joke edit: and yes, "youji" also means toothpick, hehe, which is how the brandname is spelled (not using kanji for...
That AW07 short coat is indeed pretty slim. it has a peculiar fit, I wasn't too amazed by it when I tried it on, didn't feel right somehow but I probably also needed to size up one. There's also a boiled wool blend version that fits super slim, a 4 fits like a regular 2 from the same collection (for instance the various knit insert blazers). Lovely fabric though, the back button detail is cool as well
with regard to using his own name, Tadashi Kubo just menioned in regards to the "for sale" jacket he wore at the paris show: "名前がブランドの彼はつねづね自分が売り物のようだとボヤいていて、ジャケットにfor saleとnot for saleをつくりました。冗談でね。" I guess that ties in a bit with what you mentioned, or am I completely missing the point here? I wouldn't trust my japanese, hehe
^lol, yeah, the 6.1 show? I think we had an interview with one of the other models up earlier in this thread, mentioning that incident I believe. There were surely reworks of the pour homme too, some of those handstitched pieces and coats with pleats at the bottom were pretty much straight out of the A/W 08 homme show. Definitely different from the "regular"/commercial Y's lines that season, where I liked some of the women looks quite a bit but didn't care much for the...
OJIISAN POST-FIGHT
Yep, +Noir is a women's line. I don't know if it's ever been a line of YY femme reworks though?Runner:I love +Noir, I still think it works very well as a compliment to the mainline and is definitely more toned down and "wearable" in lovely fabrics. The last 3 collections were posted over on SZ recently, still look pretty great and there is definitely some detailing connected to the mainline collections.
The s'yte stuff is weird, can't figure out what type of customer they're after. Can't really say I like much or any of it, though I find it funny that this cardigan has the exact same gold detailing as this YYPH A/W 92 jacket: Instead of (or in addition to?) making tacky graphic tees, sweatsuits and cdg hommme-esque patchwork shirts, perhaps they could use the line to reimagine some forgotten YYPH classics ? lol
Ok. Wow. Have you guys seen this? For some reason I've completely missed it though it's been up for a month. Some of you guys have probably seen this already but I don't think it's been posted in the thread? A bunch of full Y's and Y's for Men shows AW05 (last Y's runway) and before - and, pardon my french, some of this stuff is absolutely fucking incredible. Absolute must-sees: Y's in Beijing A/W 2008 http://vimeo.com/42971514 just the movement of that opening coat......
Hey. I've been entertaining guests from morning to night since 10 min before the collection was shown so I haven't been able to catch up on the recent discussion and I've only seen the collection on my phone so far - the terrible nowfashion pics - but I just managed to watch the short video and was compelled to log on here and say that it's amazing. Quite astonishing actually, even though my expectations were high. He's on a definite roll now, with the beautiful aw12...
^Ivwri, you've posted some great ss08 on this page! these three pieces and especially the two pairs of pants are very cool and sport some signature detailing for this collection. He really did an astonishing variation of great cuts for pants for this season, with the pockets, zipper details, suspender iterations, prints etc. Good write-up too, it's always nice to hear a bit more in detail about the garment and fabric/feel etcI particularly like this last fit, looks great...